New tire tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this confirms they are completely out of new ideas.

Kind of reminds me of Homer adding a racing stripe to the model power plant he built to win at the Science Fair to beat a 12 year old girl.

I recall that my 1987 Bronco II had Goodyear Wranglers with raised white letters, I had no idea that these were contributing so much to my efficiency and top speed!

I think I might go and purchase some gummie worms candy and lick-n-stick them on my Maxima tires, it's gotta work!

I wouldn't say that
Originally Posted By: Falken
Wow, this confirms they are completely out of new ideas.

Kind of reminds me of Homer adding a racing stripe to the model power plant he built to win at the Science Fair to beat a 12 year old girl.

This doesn't indicate that they are out of ideas. This is one company with one idea, not the entire industry research effort.

Dunno about that, but personally, I'm planning on adding some "speed holes" to my tires, so I can go faster.

tumblr_na6qxntlc51somw7ho1_r1_400.gif

I always wondered about all the different alloy wheel designs and if one was more aerodynamic than another. Obviously weight is a major factor there, but if they can tune a tire like that, you'd think the design of the wheel would affect it too.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I always wondered about all the different alloy wheel designs and if one was more aerodynamic than another. Obviously weight is a major factor there, but if they can tune a tire like that, you'd think the design of the wheel would affect it too.

Disc type wheels are more aero generally, but then you give up brake cooling to some extent, if that is a an important factor to you, or to the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back