(just below starting point of 275 KPA / 37 PSI),
perfect...

Summary -

For my Saturn -
300 KPA max on sidewall, fill to 270,
(reduced from 275)
350 max, fill to 300...

You've learned nothing.

You still believe that the sidewall rating has relevance to your car when it does not. You've completely blown off the tire engineer's advice, not bothered to read his very good explanation of sidewall pressure rating on his site.

Since carbon adds strength to the rubber compound, I think you should get a light meter, and measure the blackness of each tire. More blackness equals less pressure needed. Measure your old tires' blackness, then measure the new tires and adjust using a set of blackness ratios. In fact, you could adjust each tire based on individual blackness ratio.

This new approach, the blackness rating, is just as useful, just as relevant, just as thoughtful, as what you've done here.

Originally Posted By: silveravant
Wow. There is a lot of good information in this thread, but the most important thing to note is that trying to convince the OP of known facts is a WASTE OF TIME.

A lot of people think they know things, however many times they are wrong. Showing them facts usually only results in frustration.

None are so confident in what they know as those that know very little.

Dunning-Kruger Effect

Edit: Just saw that Astro beat me to it! That'll teach me to post before reading the entire thread.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

You've learned nothing.

You still believe that the sidewall rating has relevance to your car when it does not. You've completely blown off the tire engineer's advice, not bothered to read his very good explanation of sidewall pressure rating on his site.

Since carbon adds strength to the rubber compound, I think you should get a light meter, and measure the blackness of each tire. More blackness equals less pressure needed. Measure your old tires' blackness, then measure the new tires and adjust using a set of blackness ratios. In fact, you could adjust each tire based on individual blackness ratio.

This new approach, the blackness rating, is just as useful, just as relevant, just as thoughtful, as what you've done here.

This post is RACIST!!!!

;^)

Moderators, please remove thread...

I started this thread as a informational post on a great deal I got for a pair of tires,

and the medieval flat earth boo birds turned it into an diatribe about inflation...

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats

Lose Debate/spout total nonsense.. ok now mods should remove it?? not likely to be removed. Its a good warning for people who might take your "advice" in the future.

I started this thread as a informational post on a great deal I got for a pair of tires,

and the medieval flat earth boo birds turned it into an diatribe about inflation...

I find this post amusing for a number of reasons.

1. Your branding of those who've corrected your completely ridiculous theories on tire pressure as "flat earth boo birds" when in fact that label is far more suitable for yourself.

2. Point number 1 illustrates not only that you are completely unwilling or unable to learn from this site but that those who were actively working selflessly to correct your flawed course of action are held in contempt.

3. You strive for ignorance. You want to exist in your own little bubble where you are correct, no matter what, and are resentful of those who would try and sway you from that path. You are so bothered by this that you are requesting the thread be removed so that the evidence of this behaviour is eliminated which would serve to hide not only your ignorance but prevent others from referencing it as a data point if and when you feel compelled to advise others on the topic.

Based on #3, and in-line with what Rand posted, it would be a disservice to remove this thread. Its course is a valuable message for new members and its persistence means that in the future if you are compelled to start handing out inflation advice to new members that they can be quickly pointed to this thread so as not to waste their time and that of other members of the board in a repeat of what has transpired here.

Seems to me, Matt, the main point of your post that started this thread was inflation. In case it has slipped anyone's memory, here it is:

Bought two new tires this weekend...

For $100 out the door, two Hercules Tour 4.0 Plus, 205/60R15 91H...
http://www.herculestire.com/tire-gallery/passenger-and-light-truck/touring/tour-40-plus/

These are "H" rated, so the pressure on the door must be adjusted...
(the OEM's were "P" speed)
29 PSI recommended pressure on the door sticker, 35 PSI max on the OEM rubber...
Hence, 29 / 35 equal .83 inflation percentage...
These are 44 PSI max, so 44 times .83 equals 37 PSI adjusted...

You posited some flawed pseudo-scientific "formula" used to derive the "adjusted" inflation pressure for your new tires, and now are surprised that some of us took the time in a effort to try to help you understand how to derive a more correct new tire pressure?

If you did not want opinions on your tire pressure "formula" you should not have mentioned it.

Thread should stand - there is a lot of good info in it.

Oh, [censored]! I see what you've done here ... I said I was done posting in this thread due to your bullheadedness, and you managed to drag me right back in.

OK! You win! I will always remember "mattwithcats," and that haunting memory will influence my willingness to post to any of your threads in the future.

HTH

Last edited:

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

This thread just keeps getting better and better. I would pay good money for it not to be removed.

mistakesdemotivator.jpeg

Content/posts should be left on the site as others may learn something from it in the future. Plus the activity looks good to advertisers or potential buyers. The thread doesn't belong to you simply because you had the first post in the thread. There were a bunch of other people that posted and probably want their posts to remain. If the thread violated forum rules because of religion, politics, etc then it should be removed.

Closing the thread will put things to rest if things get out of hand and still leaves the content available.

If you Boo Birds think there is no difference between
a 185/65R15 88S tire and a 205/60R15 91H,
I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell you....

If you Boo Birds think there is no difference between
a 185/65R15 88S tire and a 205/60R15 91H,
I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell you....

Yet again you miss the point.
The point being your "inventive" inflation pressure formula.
Oh and what happened to them being P speed rated tires.. and being before 1991?

Your computer advice is fairly awful too.

Last edited:
Moderator,

I do hereby request disciplinary action against the following users, due to hazing, derogatory language, and abusive behavior.

Rand
CapriRacer
Astro14
OVERKILL
silveravant
SirTanon
Traction
kschachn
AlienBug
gaijinnv
and Quattro Pete

I also request complete removal of my account, all post, all threads, all photos, and all mail, due to hazing activities from above members....

Goodnight....

LMAO!!! "hazing"

BWA-HAHAHAHA

More like an unplanned exposure to that scary thing called "reality".
smirk.gif

Somebody offended by facts and real life. You see something new every day I guess.

You are more than welcome to leave Matt, but I doubt your posts will disappear. And your photos.... You would have linked and hosted them yourself, just delete the originals big guy.

Good luck in Never Never land, watch out for Captain Hook, I hear he's been guilty of trying to get Peter Pan in touch with reality too
wink.gif

Moderator,

I do hereby request disciplinary action against the following users, due to hazing, derogatory language, and abusive behavior.

Rand
CapriRacer
Astro14
OVERKILL
silveravant
SirTanon
Traction
kschachn
AlienBug
gaijinnv
and Quattro Pete

I also request complete removal of my account, all post, all threads, all photos, and all mail, due to hazing activities from above members....

Goodnight....

Hmmmmmm, you request?
Your posts resemble what is wrong with today's science in schools.
People tried to help you, but apparently you have some other issues and this serves to you as valve to get some steam out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back