NEW OCI improved savings

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEEN USING CASTROL SYNTHETIC IN THE TRUCK, AND LOVE IT.

Needed to change the oil in the Cadillac because the mother in law cam in for a month
smile.gif
and we were going to be putting the miles on and the oci was overdue... wanted to use what I had in the truck but a new service station that sill pumps gas was around the corner and I had them change it with Mobile1 Synthetic. This car is only about a year old for me, used, with 60K on it, it only has around 70K now... had the original oil that I bought it with changed at a quicklube place.

After putting in Mobile1 the mileage has increased to 40-60 extra miles per tank... WOW.

If you used the same wt oil I can't see how you could get this kind of mileage increase. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: Liquidator
After putting in Mobile1 the mileage has increased to 40-60 extra miles per tank... WOW.

Maybe 'cause a new back seat driver tempered your driving style somewhat?

Originally Posted By: Hallmark

crackmeup2.gif

i keep my eye open all the time for this mobile1 i hear about once in awhile, but have yet to ever find any...

um when i do more highway, i also get around 50 miles more per tank. but i'm sure you're excited because you have seen this increase consistently for at least 3 tanks or gas and the same hwy% as before right?

I use castrol gtx and castrol syntec 5w30 on my 2006 toyota camry v6.. let me tell you that. synthetic doesn't increase mpg.. castrol is the excellent oil.

The reason I use castrol syntec is longer OCI. I am almost 10,000 miles since my last oil was changed. oil look good. I can go 12,000 OCI.

Originally Posted By: tig1
If you used the same wt oil I can't see how you could get this kind of mileage increase. Sorry.

I bought car year ago with whatever was in the thing and never changed it, only duped 1 quart of syn in it on a trip because the oil light came on.

This was the 1st OCI

Don't care if you believe me. But I did have a year in the car and saw the difference... always hit the milage reset on fillup.

No just the mother in law or my son...
Now we did get into it heavy when she was here
Put it this way... there's a church that's about 10 minutes from me, I made it in 3 and 5 on two different trips... my son was laughing and my mother in law just said
Oh God help me.

No just the mother in law or my son...
Now we did get into it heavy when she was here
Put it this way... there's a church that's about 10 minutes from me, I made it in 3 and 5 on two different trips... my son was laughing and my mother in law just said
Oh God help me.

Lol....

smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back