New Linkin Park CD in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard this on the radio today. I am excited for it. The last album they put out let me down, but I have high hopes for this one.

Not just a bunch of [censored] remixes like last time? haha
I loved the first LP CD way back in the day, almost literally nothing good since. I'll have to hear this one before I buy, but hopes are up for sure!

Cool, the song is ok. I started listening to linkin park w/ hybrid theory, they have gone more toward chester singing and less of mike rapping in recent years it seems. I really liked Fort Minor's music, kind of wish mike would do some more there.

Last edited:
Hybrid Theory was outstanding, Meteora was great, Minutes to Midnight was so-so, and their most recent offering was not worth listening to. Can't even remember the name that's how bad is was.

I liked Fort Minor as well.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Not just a bunch of [censored] remixes like last time? haha
I loved the first LP CD way back in the day, almost literally nothing good since. I'll have to hear this one before I buy, but hopes are up for sure!

Meteora was their last good album. Everything that followed was that ridiculous "new direction" they claimed to be moving in that the majority of listeners hated -- notice how they are not on the radio much anymore? When Hybrid Theory and Meteora were out, they were getting tons of airplay.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Meteora was their last good album. Everything that followed was that ridiculous "new direction" they claimed to be moving in that the majority of listeners hated -- notice how they are not on the radio much anymore? When Hybrid Theory and Meteora were out, they were getting tons of airplay.

I would agree. Burn it down appears to be closer to their roots. Hope the rest of the CD delivers! Now Tool needs to release a new CD and I would be very happy
smile.gif

I might be the minority, but I've liked pretty much all their stuff. It changes, and doesn't stay the same.

That's why I think they are still here...

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I might be the minority, but I've liked pretty much all their stuff. It changes, and doesn't stay the same.

That's why I think they are still here...

I liked the last album, not as much as their previous one's though. One reason was that like 6 tracks were intermission 1-2 mins. of [censored] instead of a song.

Not to drag up an old post too much but just to let you know, anyone here who is interested, you can stream and listen to the entire new Linkin Park record on Itunes right now..I am not sure how long it will be available to stream, maybe for a few days only. You can't download it but you can give it a listen in its entirety, see whether you like it. I have not heard all of it yet, so far it's OK.

I listened to it yesterday. I only liked maybe one or two songs. Rather unmemorable album. I would not spend my money on it unless you're a serious LP diehard fan. Not in the same league as Hybrid Theory or Meteora, IMO.

Agree completely Pete.

I am not the biggest LP fan, recently start listening to them again here and there. First albums were great across the board. The new album is not bad, but not as strong as the first albums.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy it either. There were a couple songs that were OK, but they can keep all the rapping and screaming. I have never been a big LP fan at all, I just bought 3 or 4 of their songs that I did like off of Itunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back