New Fram I found..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I wondered when this would happen.

The G6 filter doesn't have a bypass, so the combo valve isn't really a concern to me. From what you can see down in the tube, it doesn't look like it is lacking in media but we'll have to wait to see one opened up.

For now, I'll stick to the TG as the cheapest Fram that I'll use.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I will not use an e-core. Tried one once and I made it 6 days before I pulled it. It was leaking from the baseplate seam, gave me an absolutely horrid death rattle once at start up and upon removal I could already see the media flattening in one spot (the precursor to blow out IMO).

All that in just 200 miles of use over 6 days, no thanks!

frown.gif
Sad to say, almost every Super Tech Oil Filter I used(E-Core or otherwise) gave me start up rattle in 3 different vehicle engines.

I really like the price when I bought them. At the time, they were $1.97-$2.97 and the inside(when cut open) looked as good as any filter that I had cut open with the exception of one in particular...The ADBV had a slice in it.

There's probably a reason why the Super Tech label went away. All it would take is enough engine replacement claims from filter failures to convince them to pull the filters and disappear from the face of the oil filter world.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Yes, Matter of time before we see a Fram Ultra Guard Ultimate Mega Extended Extension Guard Filter, with a useless 1 inch nut welded to the end, LOL

That's a catchy name.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
There's probably a reason why the Super Tech label went away. All it would take is enough engine replacement claims from filter failures to convince them to pull the filters and disappear from the face of the oil filter world.

My feeling is that it's all about name recognition and how a jury would rule. Since the average juror knows nothing about filters and the average American (or person on a jury) all think Fram is the best filter, a jury would more easily rule against Super Tech or Champ than they would against Fram, who probably have dozens of corporate lawyers ready for the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back