New Ford Racing oil Filter info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-

Has anyone analyized the new $14.00 a pop filter that Ford Racing Performance Part is selling? Who makes it, etc.? (it is an option for the cars that fit the FL820S.

yeah, got that in my 2005 catalog. What "technology" constitutes a $165.00 per case price tag? What makes this thing any better than a K&N?

PS since you're a fellow mustang owner check us out at www.mustangworld.com if you haven't already. Lots of useful info there.

Have you mod'd ur stang?

also, what filter are you running (oil, too, please).

Not sure without knowing if it is the same as the Motorcraft filter or not.

I have been to the Mustangworld forums but, I usually spend my time at either Stangnet or Modular Depot.

I haven't done much to my Mustang as of yet. I will probably start with suspension mods.

I usually run a Mobil 1 filter and Mobil 1 5W-30 oil.

mf150,

Purolator makes the 'regular' Motorcraft oil filters and their racing oil filters. No need to buy this type of oil filter, it's a Purolator with a higher burst strength (PSI).

My neighbor has a 620 HP Vortec 5.0 Mustang and he has never used a 'racing' oil filter. Save your $$$$

Boxcart,

Look at the 'base plates' on the photos of the Motorcraft racing oil filters from the website listed above.

You will notice that they are Purolator base plates. I have noticed that when I call any tech line.......sometimes you get a knowledgeable person, sometimes you don't.
dunno.gif

[ June 20, 2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

The older filters sold by FRPP like the FL1A-HP were made by Champion Labs. I have one here but haven't cut it apart yet. I will say the case is very substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back