New Car: 2015 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are those here who'll write silly things about slitting their throats or their wrists before they'd drive something like a Camry on a daily basis.
There are also those here who recognize the value of a car that can be driven every day without issue, whether the day takes you on the commute to work or a long slog to the coast.
You got a good deal on this Camry and it should serve you well for many years and miles to come.
Cars are for driving and you should get many trouble free miles of driving from this new Camry.

We've had a couple Camry's and this 2015 redesign is lightyears ahead. In sport mode it surprised the heck out of me. It corners well and holds its own. It's quiet and smooth riding. Nowadays I don't mind that. If I'm feeling like "driving" I'll take the VW, but I have a feeling I'll be grabbing they keys to the Camry more...

Thanks for the great comments guys!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It appears that some people are actually avoiding the purchase of a new car with DI. The Camry 4-cylinder makes a good choice if you plan on keeping the car.

From a long term ownership perspective, the extra expense of maintaining the DI bits and pieces could make it a risky investment.

Simple and time tested is better. Let the early adopters sort out the details.

I'd have to agree; I only have eight years and 151k miles on the 2.3 liter DI turbo motor(now making @314 hp) in my MS3. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop any time now...

Yep. Buy a Camry and your transportation issues are solved for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't worry too much about the risks.

You got the car for a good price, too.

The main thing (for someone who haunts this site) is to keep up the cosmetic appearance. Making sure the car is still something you want to ride around in 8-10 years out is the only issue I see.

Love the Camry... Congrats !

We were in a similar situation as you, and traded in a new GMC Terrain. After it's third transmission and countless trips to the dealer for warranty work within 70k miles... we were done.

For a few thousand more, we ultimately decided on a Prius because of the mileage and 2015 being the last year of the Prius being made 100% in Japan.

I have a soft spot for Accord sport 6MT but at 19K I would much rather be purchasing Camry SE and pocket at least $4K. That can buy a very nice vacation and if some people in the household are not too hot on 6MT, then it will make this decision even easier.

Congratulation on a great vehicle at insane price! I don't understand why people even bother to purchase used car at that price range as their primary mode of transportation.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I have a soft spot for Accord sport 6MT but at 19K I would much rather be purchasing Camry SE and pocket at least $4K. That can buy a very nice vacation

Vacation lasts a week and then it's gone. But for years to come you will have to put up with a car you did not really want, and be reminded of it every time you drive it.

Vacations are important, but if a manual is what you really want, then $4K spread over 5+ years of ownership isn't really all that much to pay, IMO. Then again, if you really want something fun, then a manual Accord probably isn't it either.

One gets used to driving whatever one has. I switch between a new and a jalopy on a daily basis. As long as the jalopy is functioning, I am not unhappy to drive it.

One gets used to driving whatever one has.

I suppose. I really tried to get used to driving my Accord, but after a year, I just gave up.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Then again, if you really want something fun, then a manual Accord probably isn't it either.

Agreed. Get a car for it's intended purpose. Anything less and you'll be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It appears that some people are actually avoiding the purchase of a new car with DI. The Camry 4-cylinder makes a good choice if you plan on keeping the car.

From a long term ownership perspective, the extra expense of maintaining the DI bits and pieces could make it a risky investment.

Simple and time tested is better. Let the early adopters sort out the details.

I'd have to agree; I only have eight years and 151k miles on the 2.3 liter DI turbo motor(now making @314 hp) in my MS3. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop any time now...

That's reashuring. I had some original concerns when I purchased my Fit....the DI and the CVT.

While many have had great reliability with DI, some have not. I hope that I am one that does. I trust Honda...I hope they don't let me down.

To the OP....nice car. Should be a great vehicle for years of trouble free use. Toyota is among the best for value in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I have a soft spot for Accord sport 6MT but at 19K I would much rather be purchasing Camry SE and pocket at least $4K. That can buy a very nice vacation

Vacation lasts a week and then it's gone. But for years to come you will have to put up with a car you did not really want, and be reminded of it every time you drive it.

Vacations are important, but if a manual is what you really want, then $4K spread over 5+ years of ownership isn't really all that much to pay, IMO. Then again, if you really want something fun, then a manual Accord probably isn't it either.

Yep, yep, yep, and yep.

Congratulations on the new car.

Thanks all! We were looking at used cars, but for the money difference it only made sense, besides the depreciation. But this one will be the last for a while. Looking under the hood; for a modern car maintenance is going to be easy. Looks very similar to the 2.4 2AZ-FE's we had several years ago in an 02 Solara and 06 Camry. Been driving it in sport mode, and it honestly put a smile on my face driving down the backroads here in rural PA. Didn't think a Camry would do that.

My dads buddy leases his wife one of these, its not a bad deal, around $200 with included maintenance.

Seems like a great deal.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Thanks all! We were looking at used cars, but for the money difference it only made sense, besides the depreciation. But this one will be the last for a while. Looking under the hood; for a modern car maintenance is going to be easy. Looks very similar to the 2.4 2AZ-FE's we had several years ago in an 02 Solara and 06 Camry. Been driving it in sport mode, and it honestly put a smile on my face driving down the backroads here in rural PA. Didn't think a Camry would do that.

It doesn't make sense to buy 1-2-3 year old Toyota and Honda. Used Toyota and Honda cars are priced so high, 1 year old can be as much as new one if you know how to negotiate with new car dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back