New Camera Decision - Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX9V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of my Sony point and shoot camera's (the pocket ones) have too much shutter delay. Nor is the picture all that good. They have both broken electronically. Doing weird things and not writing pics to the card. Not purchasing another Sony, ever.

My Nikon D200 SLR is so much better, with regards to shutter response.

FWIW, between my sister and I we have three Canon point and shoots and they've been great. My 5 year old A620is my favorite point and shoot out of all the ones I've used before, with Kodak being a joke.

And if used is and option, you could probably get a DSLR in the price range of that Sony. They're built a lot tougher than regular cameras.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
And if used is and option, you could probably get a DSLR in the price range of that Sony. They're built a lot tougher than regular cameras.

Problem with DSLRs (I have one and love it, so Im not knocking DSLRs) is that to do it right, you need good glass. Even if you get a cheap body, the glass ain't cheap for good stuff...

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Bumping this up.....what camera did you end up getting benjamming? And how has it worked out?

I got the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX9V for $318 online from Abt Electronics near Chicago. I like the camera. I bought a 16GB card for it. It does decent enough in low lighting. Zoom is good. Image stabilization is nice. It has enough scene selection modes to accommodate most all shots automatically w/o further input from me. I don't mind the in-camera battery charging & would think nothing of it if cameras had started like cell phones & hadn't started w/ external chargers.

My wife used the video when I went skydiving, & it turned out great.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Bumping this up.....what camera did you end up getting benjamming? And how has it worked out?

I got the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX9V for $318 online from Abt Electronics near Chicago. I like the camera. I bought a 16GB card for it. It does decent enough in low lighting. Zoom is good. Image stabilization is nice. It has enough scene selection modes to accommodate most all shots automatically w/o further input from me. I don't mind the in-camera battery charging & would think nothing of it if cameras had started like cell phones & hadn't started w/ external chargers.

My wife used the video when I went skydiving, & it turned out great.

Oh good. Thanks for the response. I was wondering how it worked out. I'm thinking about getting the Sony HX100V. I'm really hoping that Best Buy or somebody else local will have an after Christmas sale. Otherwise they want over $400 for it (a bit much).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back