New Black Sabbath album next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From black-sabbath.com:

"At a press conference in Los Angeles this morning at 11:11AM on 11/11/11, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, & Ozzy Osbourne appeared to announce that Black Sabbath Mk I is back together again and will be releasing their first new full album of material since 1978's "Never Say Die!". Granted, the last official full album by "Black Sabbath" was 1995's Forbidden, and the last full album of material that could be called Black Sabbath was 2008's "The Devil You Know". And don't forget the 1998 Mk I release, "Reunion", which had two new tracks on it.

Announced today at the site of were two simple things.

They would be putting out a full new studio album with the original lineup. No release date (although Fall 2012 is mentioned), no title yet. It will be produced by Rick Rubin, though. It has been announced it will be on Vertigo Worldwide. Management has told me nothing has yet been recorded, but there has been writing going on for a few months now. I've also been told it's all new stuff. The material they wrote back in 2001, which included "Scary Dreams" won't be used. But until the album is in our hands, one can never be 100% sure, eh?
Just one live date - the Download festival on June 10, 2012. There will be more after that, but just one gig announced now.
For the love of God, PLEASE do not ask me about dates. When I have them, you will have them. I have nothing at this time.

Other thoughts:

I do wonder what effect this will have on other projects in various stages by the guys, like Tony's writing with Ian Gillan in the spring for a possible full album of material from that collaboration, the previously talked about fourth GZR album, as well as Bill Ward's "Beyond Aston" (where the **** is that, Bill?) Ozzy just came off a large world tour for his Scream album, so he's probably not doing anything else solo for a bit.
I inquired about who might be handling keyboards for the project, and was told it hadn't yet been announced. But my gut feeling says either Adam Wakeman or Geoff Nicholls. We'll find out soon enough on that.
The press conference was filmed, I was told that video of it will turn up online, but when exactly isn't known. Will post more news as it comes out."

Oh..my..god! Can't wait!

I saw them in concert with Van Halen as the opening act in about 1979. I remember my friend wanting me to go see if we could get an autograph from Van Halen, and there was hardly anybody there to see them after their show. I think it was the bass player and drummer. They seemed pretty nice.

I went through my phase of that type of music. Not into that type of stuff anymore. But I can still appreciate pretty much anything from the hardest stuff to Classical music.

Wasn't Ozzie the lead singer then? I did not realize that he was in and out of the band so much ober the years......

I turned 50 in September by the way......

Not into devil/ death/ violence music. I dont care for the negativity. I'm not much of a Christian, I am more of a Dionysian. Make party, not war.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Not into devil/ death/ violence music. I dont care for the negativity. I'm not much of a Christian, I am more of a Dionysian. Make party, not war.

That's what's weird about B-S. For a band with such an awful name, the music is fairly tame and some of it could hardly be considered bad. War pigs comes to mind. It looks to me like they are railing against war and the problems with it.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Are those old farts still around??

The cynic in me suggests Sharon wants the money.

Creepy and dark? Yes.

But devil/death/violence? Not really.

Might need to check your preconceptions. A lot of metal is anti-war and not nearly as much of it as you may have been led to believe is "devil" or death music. I highly recommend checking out some Iron Maiden and learning the lyrics, you may be surprised.

Not sure what Ozzy & co have left in the tank, it'll be interesting.

jeff

Originally Posted By: greenjp

Not sure what Ozzy & co have left in the tank, it'll be interesting.
jeff

If they last long enough to get the album out by next year's release date!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back