Neutra or Lube Control Flush ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutra used as purge agent - added to oil 500 miles prior to change out. Lube control flush - 16 oz to 4L oil for no more that 15 minutes at idle.

What is the recomended treatment cycle? Is it safe or wise to run the Neutra purge at the end of every OCI to keep the engine clean? If one is to run a LC flush, followed by the 7oz/5qt initial rate with 1oz/1k miles, when does one do the flush again?

It seems that these 2 are cheaper alternatives.

As a side note, I have run(running) the mix of #132 and #131(instead of LC) without problems(several UOA's). I've also just used the Neutra purge recently.

I have used the Neutra in three engines. Not sure if there is an opinion on using it at the end of every OCI. IMO I don't think it will cause any harm, Bob has run it for several thousand miles with no ill effect. Is it needed at every OCI, I don't think so. It is a very low cost alternative to the others, $14/gal + shipping and can be used as the gas additive and an engine cleanser (6-10 ounces).
I jsut ordered two more gallons of it actually.

I guess you're right Spector, not much opinion so far.

I'll be getting a gal #131 too soon. I will also purchase a gal of LC; I guess I can order directly from Odis or thru the new website.

How the Rodeo by the way?

quote:

Originally posted by pinoy99:
How the Rodeo by the way?

Good timing. I have an analysis at Blackstone now with the sample at just over 3000 miles which is the same as the previous one. Only diff between this one and previous is that I added the #132 and 8 oz of LC at the oil change, previous sample this was added at the half way point. No coolant loss during the sample period so I am hoping to see greatly reduced iron and lead numbers from the previous sample. If not, well, just don't know, maybe just run it until it dies which could be tomorrow or years from now. If UOA the same or better I will go to a 5000 mile OCI (I was running 7,500 before the coolant issues) if worse then time for another change and try again.

quote:

Originally posted by Spector:
... I added the #132 and 8 oz of LC at the oil change...

Just to clarify, is the mix 6oz#132 + 2 oz LC for total of 8oz or did you add an additional 8 oz of LC to the brew?

pinoy99, fyi, per Odis, he is tyring to get away from being called direct. His goal is to get out of being a retail stop, hence the creation of the website.

I did not supplement as the level did not drop in the 3000 mile sample. Blackstone's re[port came in today. Same 3000 mile OCI but with the brew and 8 additional oz of LC at the time of the change. Results, as I expected the #132 did raise the Amsoil 10W30 to almost a 40W, right on the line This is okay for this engine which can run a 40W according to the manual. The good news is that Iron dropped from 18 ppm to 13, and especially lead from 12 ppm to 6. All other numbers very low so I am quite pleased with the report. In fact going to go to 5000 on this oil and see what happens. So far, based upon the UOA of my Camry and now this Isuzu the #132 and LC appear to work to reduce wear.

I just noticed that the zinc and phosphorus are quite a bit lower then all other samples in the both cases that the LC was used. Does the LC cause these two additives to deplete sooner. Something to look for in the future I guess.

quote:

Originally posted by pinoy99:

quote:

... I added the #132 and 8 oz of LC at the oil change...

Just to clarify, is the mix 6oz#132 + 2 oz LC for total of 8oz or did you add an additional 8 oz of LC to the brew?

Because of the less then great UOA I was advised to add the extra 8 oz of LC for a total of 16 to the oil in this sample. So, actually 6 oz of 132 and 10 of LC broken down. Crankcase capacity is 5 quarts 20 oz.

[ October 24, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Spector ]

quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
pinoy99, fyi, per Odis, he is tyring to get away from being called direct. His goal is to get out of being a retail stop, hence the creation of the website.

Ok, Thanks, thru the web then.

quote:

Because of the less then great UOA I was advised to add the extra 8 oz of LC for a total of 16 to the oil in this sample. So, actually 6 oz of 132 and 10 of LC broken down. Crankcase capacity is 5 quarts 20 oz. [/QB]

Did you have to supplement with 2oz/1k miles as well? Dosage seems high expecially with the recommended purge rate of only 16 oz/4L for no more than 15 minutes at idle. Hope it works for you this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back