'Net Neutrality'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Bring back blockbuster video and Hollywood video. Data usage has shot up since movies are streamed now. Unless you pay movie theater prices or rent from redbox. Videogames streamed online eat tons of data too.

Feel free to invest your own money in those businesses.

Come back and tell us how your portfolio looks in five years.

Originally Posted By: salesrep

http://www.mrc.org/
Only the main stream media is qualified to comment on the main stream media's performance in bringing you the news.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

Again, defining Rush Limbaugh and word-of-mouth as a "news source" probably indicates that you don't really understand the difference between news and opinion. That's scary.
Please explain why "real" news sources often don't report actual news commonly reported on fake news sources until weeks/months/never later?

This is true. The mainstream media in this country have become so corrupt and biased that they will report only what news they choose to report, and will simply not even report important news that might be contrary to the agendas that they support. The news media has the twisted idea that they are supposed to be the agents of social change rather than the source of accurate news for the people. They are not social engineers.

I watch Fox News because even if they are rightwing they seem to be willing to report all of the news, rather than just the news that supports some agenda. I have repeatedly seen news reported by Fox News, The Drudge Report, and Rush Limbaugh that is far ahead of when other news sources start to report that news, if they report on it at all.

Getting back to net neutrality, I think we are going to see the consequences of this later on, with higher, perhaps much higher internet fees. And perhaps the silencing of any internet site that does not support whoever the powers are at a given time.

But, I can always listen to Rush Limbaugh on the radio. And the radio takes less electricity than the computer. I lived before the internet and I can live again without the internet. So if the know-it-alls destroy the internet, maybe that will be a good thing. If they are successful in destroying the internet I guess we can all go back to cheap telephone line internet, since there will not be anything worthwhile on the internet anyway. They always destroy whatever is good.

Let's do that. As long as I can get my programs I need on CDs and DVDs all I really need is telephone line internet. What I mainly use a computer for anyway is working on my photos and creating videos for Christmas presents. So go ahead and destroy the internet.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
No, it adds up to you don't know what you are talking about, so you make up lies and half truths.

Also
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/01/29/f-c-c-sharply-increases-definition-of-broadband/?_r=0

There you go.

Ah the hubris of youth.....there you go. I see it as it is, not as I want it to be. Experience, knowledge and age will do that. You respond with insults, yet you still haven't answered my original points. Thus your words speak volumes about your position and perspective.

I'm done here....no more responses nor wasting my time. Just be carefull what you wish for. You just might get it!

The problem I have with Fox News is that they seem to be completely banned from saying anything positive about any Democrat for any reason. I can appreciate how having a your political preferences might make you more critical of the other party than your own for obvious reasons, but if you're completely incapable of recognizing good work when it occurs I think you're being inherently dishonest and are not trustworthy.

Part of the problem is people expect the Internet to be free. There is no right to free or price controlled internet. If a company has built the last mile to people's homes, they should be able to set the rates and policies. As others have said, there is no great love for ISPs. But if you think your ISP is difficult, then how could an intelligent person think the same government that brought you the IRS is going to be consumer friendly.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Bring back blockbuster video and Hollywood video. Data usage has shot up since movies are streamed now. Unless you pay movie theater prices or rent from redbox. Videogames streamed online eat tons of data too.

Feel free to invest your own money in those businesses.

Come back and tell us how your portfolio looks in five years.

they aren't coming back bro. The next sentence about data usage going up should have been a tip off.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
The problem I have with Fox News is that they seem to be completely banned from saying anything positive about any Democrat for any reason. I can appreciate how having a your political preferences might make you more critical of the other party than your own for obvious reasons, but if you're completely incapable of recognizing good work when it occurs I think you're being inherently dishonest and are not trustworthy.

That's the same problem I have with virtually every other news source regarding Republicans. The mainstream media keeps calling ILLEGALS 'undocumented immigrants'.
They spin practically everything to favor the current administration.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

Ah the hubris of youth.....there you go. I see it as it is, not as I want it to be. Experience, knowledge and age will do that. You respond with insults, yet you still haven't answered my original points. Thus your words speak volumes about your position and perspective.

This sums up his behaviour very well. Just check out how he is defending Lenovo in the Computer section about them intentionally shipping their laptops with male-ware. In that thread chasing profits is good, in this one it's bad. Totally by-polar and not afraid to start slinging insults. He can't see past his computer screen.

It is what they were discussing. And that is the official site for what comes out of Congress. Watch it for the final version soon.

No one cares what they were discussing. The only thing that matters is the actual ruling. Even when we get it it'll take months to years to figure out what it means and how it will be dealt with.

You should care about that discussion as that is what they ruled on. I think you guys just want to run around screaming like chicken little. If you don't know what they ruled on then why all the sky is falling talk?
bunny.gif

Come back and let us know when the ruling is released. You have no idea what's in the actual ruling. Supporting unknown secret rules is absolutely crazy.

Who is supporting unknown secrets. And besides all that is said on this thread is unknown. I'll stand with the chicken little statement. Maybe Fox news will release a statement for you guys.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: 02SE

Well there you go. Take the risk and start your own ISP, and run it as you deem fit. It should be a piece of cake for someone with such vast experience..

Let us know when we can sign-up for your high-speed internet access, which is cheap for us, and limits how much profit you can make. Lest your profit reach "obscene" levels.

The guys are all talk.

Oh I know. I've seen it all my Adult life.

The ones that continually complain about free enterprise, capitalism, etc. are the ones that lack the drive and intestinal fortitude to risk it all, work harder than they ever have for someone else, and make a go of their own idea for a Business.

They have all kinds of advice on how companies should be run, but they have never had any of their own skin in the game. As such they have no concept of what it takes to run a successful Business, therefore their opinion on the matter carries no real weight in the grand scheme of things.

Lots of young kids fresh out of School with very little life experience, think they have all the answers. Eventually they figure it out, or they spend their life complaining that Uncle Sugar (The Government) isn't doing enough with other people's money, to make their extra-special life comfortable.

Why should I have to start my own ISP? That's silly.

I'm not the least bit surprised that's your answer. As I said, I've seen/heard it all my Adult life.

You're the one that thinks he has all the answers. Show us. Put your money where your mouth is. With your vast experience, it should be no problem to start an ISP with high-speed internet access, with bargain rates for all.

Put all those "obscene profit" making, evil ISP "monopolies" out of business.

Get it up and running, and I'll be one of your first customers.

I would like 500 MB per second, for $10.00 a month.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: sleddriver

This sums up his behaviour very well. Just check out how he is defending Lenovo in the Computer section about them intentionally shipping their laptops with male-ware. In that thread chasing profits is good, in this one it's bad. Totally by-polar and not afraid to start slinging insults. He can't see past his computer screen.

Yep...

The Lenovo thing really caught me by surprise! What a deceitful thing to do to not only their customers, but their reputation! It wasn't a "mistake" either. Just shamefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back