Need winter tires for new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a 2013 Chevy spark need to get 185/55/15 winter tires here are my choices that I can get Dunlop Winter Maxx or Continetal exteremeWinterContact have'nt used this brands before.its only a difference of 3.75 in price anybody use or have experience with the above tires? I have Goodyear Integrity that came with the car , Not that great in the wet.

Thanks ,Cheers!
MIke Z
2013 Spark (Lily-Heather)
Oil : QSUD 5w20
/ Ac-Delco Filter

I have used the Conti EWC and thought they were a good snow tire.

Looking at the Dunlop WinterMaxx, they have a good looking aggressive tread pattern. I would probably go with the EWC if I was choosing between the two.

Personally, if it were me, I'd go for Blizzak WS70, 185/60R/15.

The Diameter will be slightly larger but not enough to notice anything. I think it is 0.5" larger diameter. So your ground clearance will rise by 0.25".

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/blizzak-ws70/185-60r15

The Honda Fit has a very rare tire size, I won't settle for a sub par tire, I just get as close as possible to OEM size and get the make and model of tire I want to use.

I like the idea of the slightly higher aspect ratio to lift up a bit. OP, have you looked at the tire rack reviews?

Originally Posted By: zking67
Hi, I have a 2013 Chevy spark need to get 185/55/15 winter tires here are my choices that I can get Dunlop Winter Maxx or Continetal exteremeWinterContact have'nt used this brands before.its only a difference of 3.75 in price anybody use or have experience with the above tires? I have Goodyear Integrity that came with the car , Not that great in the wet.

Thanks ,Cheers!
MIke Z
2013 Spark (Lily-Heather)
Oil : QSUD 5w20
/ Ac-Delco Filter

Look at the reviews in TireRack. Get them mounted on cheap rims for the winter.

You are looking for the best snow and ice tire for the winter. I am not sure I would care too much how they look as long as they keep going on snowy roads.

Last edited:
I will be going onto my fourth winter with the same set of Continental EWC and they have been great, even now that they are over 50% worn. I still drive fairly aggressively on dry pavement and they hold up well considering.

Between those two, get the Dunlop

If you're getting new rims anyway, many people like to "minus size", in your case something like 175/65r14

Originally Posted By: Falken
Personally, if it were me, I'd go for Blizzak WS70, 185/60R/15.

The Diameter will be slightly larger but not enough to notice anything. I think it is 0.5" larger diameter. So your ground clearance will rise by 0.25".

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/blizzak-ws70/185-60r15

The Honda Fit has a very rare tire size, I won't settle for a sub par tire, I just get as close as possible to OEM size and get the make and model of tire I want to use.

This.

The Nokian Hakka R2 comes in 185/55/15. Not cheap, but the best winter tire I ever drove on was a Nokian RSI; that was two generations ago.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Between those two, get the Dunlop

If you're getting new rims anyway, many people like to "minus size", in your case something like 175/65r14

Yeah this.

You have to wonder if your OE size will get popular enough to get lots of options in a few years.

Conversely, 14 will be all but dead.

See if 14" rims will clear your brakes.

If your rims are 4x100 there are tons of used ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back