Need help with pos/poi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a full size HK VP9 to match my VP9SK. I shoot well the SK but the full size always goes low. Only difference is factory truglo on full-size and of course size. Using fmj 115gr also. Any suggestions or thoughts are great and appreciated very much. Seems all my ccw guns I shoot fine just having difficulty with full size. The PPS is spot on too and its got Trijicon Night Sites also. Is full size just harder to manipulate??

Could be just the way you’re holding the gun, due to the larger grip.

Benchrest both and compare point of impact to rule out the possibility of POI being lower than POA. Use the same ammo and keep everything as similar as possible.

If POI is virtually the same between the two, you’ve answered your own question - it’s the way you’re holding/aiming.

Decided to break out the snap car for dry fire time. Found a product called iTarget for under 100.00 that is supposed to really help out.

Obviosly the sight is wrong or you are shooting it wrong. Once you develop good mechanics the firearm is irrelevant. I'm betting on the technique. I would never in a million years be where I am without a couple instructors.

I pay less than the $100 ($75)for a lesson fron a guy that instructs police instructors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back