Need Help With Dell XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend needs help...He accidentally touched something and now he can't bring up his files and other things.

The computer is a Dell XP and it was bought for him by his daughter for his birthday...She never sent the bill or registration number needed to reload the computer.

There is no disk to use...It was bought 4 years ago

Question is: Is there any way he can get it done and use the computer again without spending alot of money going professionally.

Thanks in advance for your much needed help.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Need more detail. What did he touch and what does it do now?

Thats all the info he gave me...I'll ask him tomorrow morning when I speak to him.

Some Dells have a recovery partition. CTL+F11 Key just as the computer powers up (dell splash screen). If there is no partition, you may want to get into the BIOS and see if it is set to boot from the proper drive. Most dells, F2 or Del at the post (dell splash screen) will get you in there.

Dave

Thanks a ton everyone...Colt45ws,OVERK1LL,DETONA_DAVE,and freeze12

He does not have a clue on what he did wrong and he does not have a Windows COA on the case anywhere...The CTL and F11 did not work and he can't use Dell Pro discs.

He is going to take the computer to Compusa next week and let them figure it out....They told him it will cost 129 bucks.

Thanks again you guys are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back