Need Help Finding A Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it. PL25230. It has (2) ADBV's and is the same filter as the PL20195 (1) ADBV.
My Q? to the filter Gods out there; If it is built the same and ALL numbers match the PL20195 spec'd for my engine, will the extra ADBV have any effect on my engine? Is it an advantage or just an extra valve?

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Do you have dry starts often?

No. But would this deter a dry start being there are (2) ADBV's? I know nothing is 100%. Just doing some research.
smile.gif

If it were the best thing since spin on filters, it would be a lot more common.

Yeah, true. The filter is available at parts stores. I think I will give Purolator a call.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Yeah, true. The filter is available at parts stores. I think I will give Purolator a call.
smile.gif

Good luck with that. Couple threads on here show that their customer service...in a word...stinks.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

smile.gif

Good luck with that. Couple threads on here show that their customer service...in a word...stinks.

I thought about that after I hit the submit button.
Their CS is not the only thing that stinks; their QC with their oil filters needs attention also.

No. But would this deter a dry start being there are (2) ADBV's? I know nothing is 100%. Just doing some research.
smile.gif

You have to use a filter with (2) ADBVs for (2) OCIs!
grin.gif

Hi Blue,

The same filter peaked my interest. It appears to me that the PL25230 may be discontinued. I have however been able to find the Classic L25230, and the Fram orange PH8316 or Tough Guard TG8316 which are for the same applications and they also have the double anti-drainback feature.

All of them seem to be priced higher than other Classics/Frams but I haven't been to Walmart yet to see if they are higher there.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

smile.gif

You have to use a filter with (2) ADBVs for (2) OCIs!
grin.gif

If it were the last filter on planet Earth, to avoid that I would cut the filter open and remove one of the ADBV's.
crackmeup2.gif

Then I would have to walk after the 1st OCI.
frown.gif

Their CS is not the only thing that stinks; their QC with their oil filters needs attention also.

Being a (former) faithful Purolator user, I shook my head when it was posted up that they no longer guarantee their filters past 3000 miles, and promptly changed to another brand.

Last edited:

Being a (former) faithful Purolator user, I shook my head when it was posted up that they no longer guarantee their filters past 3000 miles, and promptly changed to another brand.

Yeah, it's like their standards are below FRAM now.
27.gif

Geeez ... when rumors start it's hard to control the chaos.

I just posted this in another thread where this came up:

Oh no! ... not this again.
18.gif

Go read this thread and you'll see the answers to this "3000 mile" question.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2925484#Post2925484

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Geeez ... when rumors start it's hard to control the chaos.

I just posted this in another thread where this came up:

Oh no! ... not this again.
18.gif

Go read this thread and you'll see the answers to this "3000 mile" question.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2925484#Post2925484

Yep, that's the thread I was referring to.

The Classic and PureOne are guaranteed past 3000 miles ... they're guaranteed to whatever the vehicle manufacturer recommends for an OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back