Need best website for cheap airfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
On plane tickets, not to be redundant. Right now, hotwire.com is handsomely beating most all other sites (including kayak.com.) Orbitz is sky-high.. Priceline is high, even. cheapoair.com appears close to Hotwire but I am booking a flight from PHL to LAS in July (end of.)

Never really used the sites before except for an easy last-minute rapidly planed flight late last year where I used Priceline.com. I usually drive but cant this time. My friends tell me:

1. These sites have lower prices Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. (?) (And TBF: Last week i saw the ticket I need for $339. And I did not grab it. Now its up to ~$400.)

2. "After April, forget about cheap airfare."

Ideas/tips/what site works best and has lowest prices?

July 20-22, a weekend in Vegas. Never been (yet)

All you can do is comparison shop
wink.gif
When I shop for airfare, typically round trip from ORL to PSP, I use kayak, cheapoair, and cheaptickets......cheaptickets tends to beat out all of the fares.....i.e.: cheapest fare....

I don't know how the [censored] they do it, but they do! Lol....I wish I understood the concept of these travel sites.....:p Cause yea, just seems almost like "bids" for the best airfare...but yea, cheaptickets.com usually comes up on top...

South west has consistently been cheaper in my world.

Go to their website and there is a small link that will show the entire month's prices. Look for the "gotta get away" prices -If you are flexible with your dates & flight times, you can save big.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I was going to say what about using the Airline website to book a flight and compare it other websites.

Yeah I did that with AirTran and Jet Blue and they are all a full $130 more expensive than what kayak.com just showed me.

Its at $427 now (The $339 is long gone and the $400 is gone as of a day or so ago.) I wonder if it will go back down Tuesday/Wednesday... (is it higher Thursday, Friday, Saturday and it changes hourly, right?)

Checking out Southwest now

You are going from Philly? Your two main carriers there are US Airways and Southwest really. PHL has historically been expensive, and with SW now there, some deals can be found, but who knows.

I did best recently with Kayak.

Id check out BWI especially for good deals, it is an easy train ride from Philly.

When booking for our vacation last year, we found the price of Expedia was related to how many times we were looking at that specific 'deal'.

You should clear your cookies, take another look, and reload periodically.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
You are going from Philly? Your two main carriers there are US Airways and Southwest really. PHL has historically been expensive, and with SW now there, some deals can be found, but who knows.

I did best recently with Kayak.

Id check out BWI especially for good deals, it is an easy train ride from Philly.

I can leave from: PIT, EWR, LGA, JFK (high!) or PHL (Pittsburgh, Philly, Newark NJ, or NYC.) I found NYC airports to be high.

Hotwire.com and the other sites presently have RT at $428. Was $339 a week ago; shoulda grabbed it 9from PHL.) Was $400 two days ago. Now its $428.

Any truth to that they change hourly/daily?

Also, im shuttling to/from airports.

July 19th-23rd. I work so even a day can be tricky. Im at three *REQUESTED* days off at this time, requesting them today for in advance...

What are cheapest "NYC regional airports" that you dont have to DRIVE to (public transpo?)

Quote:
BWI

? Interested.

Clearing cookies and using diff browser...

southwest sometimes runs ads on tv for $39 tickets if you book like a month in advance. I never took advantage of this offer.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
southwest sometimes runs ads on tv for $39 tickets if you book like a month in advance. I never took advantage of this offer.

True but this is "NYC" to "LAS" in mid-July...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back