Need Air Rifle recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Note that high velocity airguns are considered firearms in some places.

Like Oz for instance...
treated exactly the same as a .22, even if it is so low powered that you can see the trajectory of the pellet.

I have a BSA Scorpion, which is not a rifle but an air pistol it's 0.177 but if you want to you could easily drop a small animal at 75 or so feet. It's really a rifle but with a hand grip and no stock

I have a .22cal AirForce Talon SS which is a Pre-charged pneumatic. There are may pros to this type of weapon, and I think they outweigh cons, which is you needa source of high pressure air to recharge the tank on the gun (after approx 40 shots or so). My solution to that was a used scuba tank for $80 including a 3500psi fill. Mine is all tricked out AR-15 style with a Surfire light, laser, scope, and bi-pod.

It is amazingly powerful and accurate. I can hold a 1 ragged hole group at 30 yards, and it will shoot a .22cal pellet through a soft pine 2x4 at 25 yards. it is also silenced, and its pretty quiet if you keep the pellets subsonic. They use Lothar Walther barrels....world renowned accuracy.

Best part: Made right here in Fort Worth, TX.

I got a Chrony Beta Master for my birthday (thanks to the wife). Haven't been able to make it to the range, but I decided to play with it in the back yard and check out my Ruger 177 Airhawk I got for cheap at Walmart during black Friday.

Crossman lead pellets (forgot the weight) ~950 fps. Real surprise was the lightweight pellets (also Crossman). Got a 5 shot average of 1230fps. I have 2 tins of Gamo pellets (Red and Blue tip) but couldn't find the darn things when I was ready to shoot.

Big noise difference between sub and supersonic velocities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back