Need a glass type container to storage oil idea ?

I think the narrow-mouth Nalgene is the way to go. Most, maybe all, have an oz. and ml. scale printed on the side. You can also get them in a harder transparent material.
The High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Nalgene bottle I suggested is impervious to gasoline and petroleum products. It is the same polymer material that gas cans and gas tanks are made from. The transparent Nalgene bottle are polycarbonate plastic (AKA, Lexan) which may not be 100% compatible with motor oil additives.

1689557203443.jpg

A decent plastic storage bag sealed if it happens to leak? That is all I have for a quart laying on its side under trunk floor of Pilot.

I love mason jars but I would stay away from them for this - we have no idea if the lids are petrochemical tollerant. If you find out though - let me know.

I always keep silicone tape around - emergency hose patch. Get some - wrap around the lid. Throw the rest in the car for an emergency:

Also known as rescue tape:

1689622244456.jpg

Lately I been buying engine oil on 12qt box . I usually carry a qt extra back of my trunk . But the cap on the bottle is getting loose . I was thinking some mason jar lol . Clear to see though and look cool . Any idea ? I need a glass type container that hold about a qt of oil with strong cap that not loose over time .
That would be a $6/quart of QSFS in the mower and use that bottle

Last edited:
Back