Natural Gas Price Continues to Drop

Natural Gas storage in the USA is at a high level and the price continues to drop. Although its a small part of your bill, it still helps.

Natural gas storage 2024.JPG
Natural gas price 2024.JPG

I have a 2 year electric contract … if the GTG plants make a bit more profit - more power to them …

An overly mild winter will do that. Time to watch prices and lock in at these lower rates. My provider allows price locks and no penalty to change within the contract period should prices tumble more.

It needs to stay low or even lower come April when I choose my next natural gas supplier contract. I am near the end of my unlimited use, all in, $113 a month contract now. My prior contract was less than a hundred bucks a month unlimited. The present spot price should result in me saving some monthly dough if it stays near the present price.

Low natural gas prices reduces the cost of generating electricity for the utility industry. Whether that is passed on to retail customers is a matter of regulation and/or market competition.
The vast majority of my bill is fixed costs and taxes.

Went from $9.99 a month to $49.99 a month in a period of 4 years. (My actual monthly consumption is usually under $10, which is what my bill should be)

Thats the problem with mandatory profit growth in a stagnant/ shrinking industry.

It prevents a reduction in cost because virtually all of the bill has nothing to do with usuage.

Kinda wish a had a bifuel natural gas car at the moment

Back