Napa Proselect

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend asked me if I would change the oil in her 99 Civic. I guess my girlfriend has been bragging to her how I been her private mechanic. I told her not a problem. I already have a huge stash of $1.50 a quart of Chevron Supreme. So I stopped by my local Napa and picked up a Proselect filter for her car. I use Napa Gold on my 07 Altima.

You can't beat the $2.69 price on the Proselect. It's pretty well made. It is about 2 bucks cheaper then the Fram for this application. The one thing I noticed was. They are made in China now. They do have cellophane on the gasket end. So thats a nice touch for the price point.

001.jpg

I'm surprised they are now made in China. I thought there were still made in NC.

If you want an oversized Honda Civic oil filter, try the L-20073

Yesterday, I bought the spin flow filter for $2.55 which comes from Gastonia, North Carolina. I don't know if they are still on sale, but they are great products.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
The ProSelect and Nascar lines are also made by Wix.
Are you sure about that ?

I believe he's correct. Proselect is/was made by Wix to NAPA spec's. I believe all NAPA offerings are made by Wix. The only Wix filter sold by NAPA is the NG. The difference being that the NG is a NAPA labeled WIX filter. The others are NAPA filters produced by WIX. A given NAPA may sell other filters too. My local NAPA also sells the PZ rebadged FRAM ..but it carries neither the NAPA or WIX trademarks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back