Napa Gold with Royal Purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been using Mobil1 filters for a long time now with no problem, and i see the Mobil1 and NG topic has
deadhorse.gif
. But how is this combo NG and royal purple oil. Would it make a differ from the M1

thumbsup.gif
noobs think alike. I contacted Royal Purple and they told me thats a great filter. They say change the RP oil every 12k, but change the filter ever 4k. and top it off with what ever was lost. BUT i will be doing 6k changes.

Napagolds are excellent filters.
Royalpurple has some pretty good UOAs.

If those are the brands that you want to use, then by all means do so. But, I wouldn't practice an extended OCI without a UOA. And, I don't see any need to change the filter out early.

Just picked up a Napa Gold filter. Took it out the box and it looks pretty stout and stellar. Can't wait to get that one with some of the oil below. My first venture onto aftermarket filters produces the NG. It coincides with me passing my 36k initial warranty too..

Quote:

Napagolds are excellent filters.
Royalpurple has some pretty good UOAs.

If those are the brands that you want to use, then by all means do so. But, I wouldn't practice an extended OCI without a UOA. And, I don't see any need to change the filter out early.

I agree with undummy here. The filter is still good for the entire 12k if the 12k is accumulated in a timely manner in preferred service (50:50 highway or more).

What you're doing with 4k or 6k changes is fortifying the oil to make the 12k under less than favorable conditions. That would be the only reason to routinely change out the filter. It's a convenient way to add nearly a quart of new oil. Amsoil used to promote this as a recommendation too. It allows you to cover many varied service duties with one recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back