Napa Gold 1348, ~5500 mi. oci pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the NG1348 filter over 8 months on a 3.4L Tacoma. Solid construction, silicone adbv, and metal coil thread end bypass. Now able to obtain these for ~$3.70 on sale at my local Napa, a solid value imo. Also currently using this application on a Kohler Courage mower engine. Silicone adbv still pliable and noted very close tolerance of can to element/end cap. Very satisfied with results as shown.

49 pleats not including seam pleat. Media 1&15/16" wide, pleat depth 17/32", total media area ~104" square.

2dfd9488-156f-40b7-8318-0db3236f21be.jpg

Thanks for the post. I'm considering Napa Gold for my Toyota motor, and that is a helluva price (which i dont expect to find). And youre gonna love me for saying it - look at that clean, proper seam pleating!
wink.gif

Last edited:
As far as can remember this is first time I've used a Wix/Napa Gold, but obtaining them at the referenced price no doubt it isn't the last, I have a small stash. And based on the results in this application, it does appear it could be run longer. Engine has been well maintained (~135k mi.) though, 5-6k mi. mostly dino ocis. And the 3.4L is very easy on oil.

And yes it does have relatively tight, straight uniform pleating, no disputing that. So apparently on the aesthetics front, it gets a seal of approval. I've got no problem saying that.
56.gif

Yet another great looking filter from Wix. I bought a bunch of Golds for 3 bucks and change as well, I was using the Silvers but for pennies more for a Gold why not?

For those BITOG'ers who are irritated at Purolator but have an aversion to Fram the Wix made filters are a perfect alternative IMO.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

Looks perfect. 104 sq-in is a good amount of media area for the application.

You're welcome. Got a Harley Davidson Super Premium 5 Chrome filter sitting here cut open, maybe I'll get around to taking pics and posting it sometime soon too.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks perfect. 104 sq-in is a good amount of media area for the application.

Yes, very respectable imo. A little tricky and time consuming getting the exact width because the metal cap folds over small part of the usable media ends, but confident I got pretty darn close. I did not measure outside end cap end to the other outside end.

My Saturn and my Vanguard riding mower engine use that same filter. I have cut open a couple of the Wix and mine looked just like yours. Quality filter and Wix is now my filter of choice!

Just bought the NAPA Gold version today. Been running the Wix on my '09 Wrangler since I bought it. No surprise about the quality. I cut mine open at every oil change.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree it'd handle 10k plus with ease, looks solid, i will be looking to get a couple for my next OCI's. Running a TG now..

$3.70 for a Napa Gold? Talk about bang for your buck! That's the best value I have seen in a long time.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
$3.70 for a Napa Gold? Talk about bang for your buck! That's the best value I have seen in a long time.

Thanks to local Napa semi annual 40% off NG sale. NG's now make up the majority of my filter stash.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Thanks to local Napa semi annual 40% off NG sale. NG's now make up the majority of my filter stash.

Ha ha mine too, and a handful of Silvers also bought on sale.

Shucks, Golds for my 3 vehicles are all over $6.00 here in central PA. Hope they go on sale! Picked up some Silvers a few months ago for $3 and some change but have never seen Golds on sale.

Originally Posted By: wolfehunter
Shucks, Golds for my 3 vehicles are all over $6.00 here in central PA. Hope they go on sale! Picked up some Silvers a few months ago for $3 and some change but have never seen Golds on sale.

Silvers are on sale here more often than not, usually about 3 bucks but I got quite a few for $2.54. Golds are only once or twice a year for short periods you gotta watch for it. Hopefully you'll score some there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back