Name your favorite songs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooooh, I almost forgot: Billy Squire - Everybody Wants You; The Stroke and pretty much all his songs!

Oh crud, Aerosmith - Angel is top 5 as well. My last girlfreind (who I thought for sure I was gonna marry), I slipped that CD/song into her CD player in her car while she was at work with roses. Lets say I got lucky
grin.gif

My favorites have to be "November Rain-Guns and Roses". Followed closely by "Sweet Dreams-Marilyn Manson (did the melody correctly)" and "Metallica-No Leaf CLover". Mess with us old guys.

Oooooooooooh, good ones Java! I would have mentioned Metallica as they were far and away my favorite band when I was younger. They still are Top 3. For Whom the Bell Tolls: when I first heard that song, I about craaped myself. Orion is also a fantastic instrumental.

November Rain is an all time favorite as well.

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
For Whom the Bell Tolls: when I first heard that song, I about craaped myself.

I remember when I first heard the guitar intro to that song back in 1986. Wow ... what a difference in heaviness from my current heavy metal selection of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or AC/DC (whom the Metallica crowd called "bubblegum rock." heh.)

Yup! when I was younger, I could listen to that guitar intro for hours on end. I used to listen to that before track and cross country races to get pumped up.

I don't know how you guys can narrow it down. Lots of songs from a HUGE range of styles I like. Like some of the older country from the Johnny Cash stuff up to Garth or Tim Mcgraw EARLY in their careers.
Almost anything Metallica, the HARDER Nickleback stuff not the whiney **** like Photograph that gets WAY too much airtime. A lot of 80s stuff.
Current favorite is BuckCherry Crazy------ saved the forum censor software the trouble of censoring that
nono.gif

I couldn't narrow it down to specific songs but my favorite musical genre would be 70's and 80's Heavy Metal...

Interesting selections from you old fogies and young whippersnapppers. From one who is ageless, timeless, looking down upon ye mere mortals. Burp......

I'd Love to Change the World, 10 Years After (been trying for years to determine what those few spoken words are at the very end)

I Know I'll Never Find Another You, The Seekers

Today, New Christy Minstrels

Draft Dodger Rag, Phil Ochs

Yellow River, Christie

Go Your Own Way, Fleetwood Mac

Rock n Roll All Night, Kiss

I Want You to Want Me, Cheap Trick

Last of the Singing Cowboys, Marshall Tucker Band

Fire on the Mountain, Marshall Tucker

Green Grass & High Tides, Outlaws (greatest rock song of all time?)

Locomotive Breath, Jethro Tull

Teenage Lament '74, Alice Cooper

No More Mr. Nice Guy, Alice Cooper

If I had a Million Dollars, Barenaked Ladies

In a Nutshell, Barenaked Ladies

Highway Song, Blackfoot (several southern rock songs on this list...1970s the heyday of southern rock???)

Livin on a Prayer, Bon Jovi

Who'll Stop the Rain, Creedence Clearwater Revival

Kentucky Rain, Elvis

Don't Dream it's Over, Crowded House

Rocky Mountain High, John Denver

Old Judge Jones, Les Dudek (best song you never heard on the radio)

Tonight I'll be Staying Here With You, Bob Dylan (quadraphonic version)

Outlaw Man, Eagles

Third Time Lucky, Foghat

Oh heck, I'll be here all night long.

Here's a handy music site. Messgae board, input new albums, artists, rate and review albums, on-site database will compare you selections to others:

http://rateyourmusic.com/

obbop has 179 message board posts.

obbop contributed 243 artists and 1,195 albums to the public database.

Sumpthin' to do in the spare time when it's 10-below or pouring down rain, etc.

I enjoy the site a couple hours weekly... lot's to learn, too, since the discograpy for many of the artists is very complete: LPs, CDs, 45 rpm records, bootlegs, etc.

ToyotaNsaturn....thanks for that. I haven't visited Neil's site in a while. HOPEFULLY they will be touring next summer and get their rears to Dallas or OKC. Really glad to hear that they are putting together one more album...
THANKS DUDE!!!!!

Schmoe, and from what Neil wrote, sounds like it's going to be a top-notch offering. Neil thought highly of Grace Under Pressure, and rightly so, as it's one of their deepest albums. Hopfully we'll hear a dozen deep songs. One of those releases where you don't take the CD out of the car's CD player for months on end...

And in all candor, I need something to challenge me behind the old drum kit. So much music today offers nothing that is challenging anymore. Nuanced, perhaps, but not challenging. Well, some Dream Theater, but that's about it.

Pretty much anything by Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughan or Robin Trower, plus many, many more. Too many to list and I don't have a few favorites.

Recently saw Trower at the BB King club in NYC, the gig that was simulcast on XM Satellite Radio - pure magic.

For my first post, I want to add a few of my all time favorites in no particular order:

Goodnight Tonight, by Paul McCartney.... a bouncy little bass beat

The Voice, by The Moody Blues

Eruption, Van Halen.....Eddie Van Halen has magic fingers

Kashmir, Led Zepplin

When Levee breaks, Led Zepplin....mean intro to this

I love Rock and Roll, Joan Jett.....I saw a windshield crack to this song

Tusk, Fleetwood Mac

Fast Lane, Eagles

Folsom prisom blues, Johnny Cash

Amarillo by morning, George Strait

Stayin Alive, Bee Gees

Maybelline, Chuck Berry

Get this party started, Pink....at least I think thats the title

Hey Jude, Beatles

Waitin on a friend, Rolling Stones

JJJ Jive Talking, Bee Gees

"Beach" is back, Elton John....at least I think thats the title

Superstition, Stevie Wonder.....the best into into a song, ever!

Imagine, John Lennon

Maybe Im Amazed, Paul McCartney

While my guitar gently weeps, Beatles

Layla, Eric Clapton

Dolly Dagger, Jimmy Hendrix

Fortunate Son, CCR

My Maria, Brooks and Dunn version

I love the night life, ????.....disco song from around 1978 by a one hit wonder

Im gonna stop....my head hurts!

quote:

Originally posted by rusty 63 model:
I love the night life, ????.....disco song from around 1978 by a one hit wonder

I love the night life, I got to boogie..

Alicia Bridges.

Son Thomas - Beefsteak Blues
RL Burnside - When My First Wife Left Me
Watermelon Slim - Hard Times
Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe
Elmore James - The Sky Is Cryin'
Doors - Waiting for the Sun
Pink Floyd - Pigs
Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good to Me So Far
John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillen
Joe Cocker - Little Help From My Friends
Albert King - Angel of Mercy
Wynonna Carr - Dragnet For J****
Etta James - At Last

Well, that's what I'm listin' to today.

Jack

quote:

Originally posted by obbop:

Green Grass & High Tides, Outlaws (greatest rock song of all time?)

That was a good song. Haven't heard for a long time ... I suspect the only station around this area that might play it would be KISM in Bellingham or KZOK in Seattle.

Any of the old classic country before it became "politically correct," and pretty much any Staind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back