My wife is in the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts prayers.

As a message of hope: My wife had problems like that at the age of 34. Now this was 28 years ago. And remember things were not as advanced. But she did have the tests to look for enzymes, and whatever was available. Nothing found. She kept having problems and had the Cardiac Catheterization. Every was clean and after that test she has had zero problems for 28 years. )knocks wood). They feel it might have been spasms and the Cardiac Catheterization opened things up.

Sorry to hear about this. I've been to the hospital for heart issues and usually in this day and age, they take extra precautions and run extra tests. Hopefully, it turns out okay.
Keep us updated on her status.

Good thoughts and prayers your way, Wayne!

Been to the hospital my self quite a few times for heart issues despite being a "young guy", lots of pain recently as well but decided not to go...please keep us updated, may make me go myself!

Sunday night update:

Thanks everyone for all the prayers, well wishes, and kind words. I'll try to answer a couple of questions that I saw while reading through this thread. My wife Tracy is still in the hospital. She is in Huntsville Hospital, which is top-notch in every way. Her doctor at HH is a Russian guy, who's name I couldn't pronounce if my life depended on it. He does not want to discharge her until he is as certain as he can be that her heart is normal. The tests they are doing are trying to RULE OUT a possible Dissecting Aortic Aneurysm. The heart team has been clear to point out that so far, they do not BELIEVE she has a DAA, but the tests so far have not been able to see the heart as well as they need to. She went for a "64-slice CT" this afternoon, and will probably not hear the results until Monday morning. At this point, if I read the doctors correctly, there is a 95% chance she has a healthy heart, and a 5% chance there is a serious problem (my words, not their's).

That's all I know for now. I'll keep hoping for the best. Again, I appreciate all the kind words from you guys.

WW

Your family is on our prayer list now. Keep the faith my friend. God bless.

Solo2driver: Get your butt down to M.D. Anderson now and don't fool around about it.

Thanks for the update, Wayne and all the best to both of you...

Please let me know which procedures they use for her heart as I have and am working for Medical Device Companies for the past 18 years.

Perhaps they'll use what I have helped develop.

All the best to you and your family, Wayne. Hope it turns nothing is wrong, like the docs are saying....

Good news!!! The doctors said after all the tests, they can confidently say my wife's heart is healthy. Turns out the first CT scan that showed what could have been a serious problem was a fluke. The chest pains and palpitations that my wife was having were most likely caused by a combination of Costochondritis and some medication she has been taking. At least the meds can be easily changed.

She's back home now, with a clean bill of health. Yipeee!!!!

Thanks for everyone's kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back