My weekend trip to the Smoky Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convinced the wife to take a last minute trip to the Smoky Mountains this past weekend. Here's a few shots

Me at Newfound Gap Overlook - 13 miles from the start of the climb up, and 7 miles from the top. I look even shorter when I'm hunched over from being dog-tired.

ClingmansDome2.jpg

A couple of shots of the bike at the parking lot at Clingman's Dome, the highest point you can drive to in the Smoky Mountains. 6300+ ft elevation. It's neat being above the clouds. Notice the Powerade bottles; I forgot to pack my water bottles, so I had to make do.

ClingmansDome3.jpg

ClingmansDome4.jpg

Me & my kids (wifee doesn't allow me to post her picture online)

PICT0201.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

i love the nc, tenn, va mtns.. glad you had a good time. watch out for speeding porshes and ferraris haha.. esp when they come in flocks

Quote:

Such cute kids!

No pics of the ML?

Thanks.

Didn't cross my mind to get any pics of the ML. Besides, it hadn't been washed in a couple of weeks, so the pics would not have been good.

Quote:

By "ML" I hope you are referring to your SUV, not your mother in law.

Yes, I was referring to the Mercedes.
grin.gif
I need to get some good pics of that thing. I've only taken 2 so far.

As far as my MIL goes, I wouldn't have minded having her along on the trip. She's pleasant enough, and good babysitters are hard to find.

"I look even shorter when I'm hunched over from being dog-tired."

Try using a car next time, it's a whole lot easier!
laugh.gif

Cool pics! Every time I see pics from the top of Clingman's dome or other Smoky Mts peak, I realize how little the hills truly are 'round here.

Was it cold up there?

TNS,

It was over 90°F in Gatlinburg at the time these pics were taken. I'm not sure what the temp was at Clingman's Dome, but people were getting out of their cars with light coats on. There's only about 4000 ft. of total elevation gain from downtown up to Clingman's Dome, so there should have been less than a 10°F drop in temp., but somehow it always feels like more than that up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back