My new (used) truck - 1st GM truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up an immaculate 2014 LT yesterday. Factory remote start, heated cloth seats, back-up camera, adjustable pedals, rear defroster, 20" wheels, yadda yadda yadda.

This truck rides/drives/runs 1,000 times better than my 2009 FX4 ever did.

My only modification will be window tint.

Brace yourselves... I financed it! Oh the horrors!!!!! (at 2.49% - through my local credit union but they pay bonus dividends to savers AND borrowers so my actual rate will be around 2.0%)

2a6roe1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Nice ride!

What oils will you use ?
laugh.gif

I have a nice stash of original PUP 5w20 and QSUD 0w20, both Walmart clearance scores.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Is the rear defroster a metal grid like in a car or is it blown air?

Never heard of one in a truck before.

Nice BTW!

The rear window is solid and has a grid in it. I hated that the Ford didn't have one.

Nice truck! I'm not a truck guy, but I have a friend who's a trailer mechanic and they have a late model F150 and a Silverado at his job. They have an air compressor in the bed. He says the Chevy rides better and is a better driving truck.

Congrats! Thats a very nice truck you have there. I am not a truck guy but these aren't all that bad looking, I am not a fan of the in your face chrome grille though. Enjoy the new ride!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Is the rear defroster a metal grid like in a car or is it blown air?

Never heard of one in a truck before.

Nice BTW!

Must be a big rock....

Pickup trucks have been using rear grid defrosters for a looooooong time.

Its a great truck and rides well. Id almost say its quite car like in alot of ways. Good gas mileage too. Nothing wrong with financing, you found a great rate, best rate I see up here is 6.9% which is making me consider new instead of used.

Nice truck! Love my '14, i agree with rolla07 it rides like a car much of the time. Love that color as well.

Donald - 20 inch tires have really come down in price. For example my truck also has the 20's and for the Michelin Defender LTX, which is the tire I run, it cost 207 per tire at DT. If I had the 18 inch tires I would have saved a whole 3 dollars a tire as the 18 is 204. Guess what I'm saying is you are right they are more expensive but not as much as they were even a few years ago.

It's amazing how trucks evolved over the years. The 2016 GMC Sierra I drove is on par with a mid 2000's Lexus LS430 and miles ahead from the trucks in my sig.

Enjoy putting the miles on that rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back