My late lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lunch today:

Oven roasted chicken breast (Boar's Head) sandwich w/swiss cheese on Pepperidge Farm white bread (made by yours truly)

HEB Smoky Cheddar and Bacon crackers

Hunts choc fudge pudding

HEB Texas Tea for my beverage

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Start looking at how many foods have citric acid added to them.
crazy2.gif

Such as citrus fruit?

hotwheels

I meant like some ice cream and cheeses. If you are someone that can't stomach a lot of acid, you start realizing it shows up in some weird stuff as preservative.

Surely your stomach's contents are way more acidic than a food that contains a minute amount of citric acid. I'd rather consume citric acid in food compared to other preservatives that are commonly found in food.

hotwheels

Quote:

My lunch, only unidentifiable thing was the meat.

Reminds me of a line from Meatballs.

The winner of tonight's mystery meat contest is Jeffrey Corbin who guessed "some kind of beef."

Start looking at how many foods have citric acid added to them.
crazy2.gif

Such as citrus fruit?

hotwheels

I meant like some ice cream and cheeses. If you are someone that can't stomach a lot of acid, you start realizing it shows up in some weird stuff as preservative.

Surely your stomach's contents are way more acidic than a food that contains a minute amount of citric acid. I'd rather consume citric acid in food compared to other preservatives that are commonly found in food.

hotwheels

cheers3.gif
That's fine - glad that works for you. I never praised other preservatives though. People suffering from LPR or GERD might not be too thrilled with where citric acid crops up.

[
cheers3.gif
That's fine - glad that works for you. I never praised other preservatives though. People suffering from LPR or GERD might not be too thrilled with where citric acid crops up.

Citric acid is a much weaker acid than gastric acid, and only small or trivial amounts of citric acid are added to food.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Lilly's Taqueria for anyone local.

Real food = Yum!

Stopped off at La Super Rica on Milpas en route to Vandenberg AFB for the New Year only to find it closed for the holidays.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: splinter
Stopped off at La Super Rica on Milpas en route to Vandenberg AFB for the New Year only to find it closed for the holidays.
frown.gif

Bummer. Some of the family owned Mexican restaurants do that around here. If you ever swing through again, Santa Barbara Chicken Ranch is a pretty good place for chicken or tri-tip.

Freebirds in Isla Vista is pretty awesome, mostly for the scenery. Well when school is in session and the weather is warm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back