My entrepreneurial venture with an iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Where is nearest Apple store to zip 07102?

Seriously? You have over 2500 posts, but you can't use a website to find out where the closet store is?

Living so close to the institute of technology, you should be able to flip it real quick. Those students are always looking for cheap phones.

Originally Posted By: whip
Living so close to the institute of technology, you should be able to flip it real quick. Those students are always looking for cheap phones.

Shooting for selling for $325 I guess?

*WITH screen fixed.

Maybe $350?

Last edited:
You can advertise both for sale. Once one sells take the other off the market. Go with the lower price you mentioned above for a possible quicker sale.

Well! Due to the issue with the hard-to-press sleep/wake button, Apple says the only way to do so to fix it is to replace the whole phone. And it is still under warranty!

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Win
So you get a brand new iPhone 5 for $175 investment?

You hit that one out of the park.

No he didn't hit scat! He got lucky. That is all this is, he did zero research and jumped on impulse. I'm glad he got lucky this time, but eventually it will come back and bite him on the butt.

Originally Posted By: RamFan

No he didn't hit scat! He got lucky. That is all this is, he did zero research and jumped on impulse. I'm glad he got lucky this time, but eventually it will come back and bite him on the butt.

Tomorrow is the day. I have an appointment with an Apple tech; they didnt have any available that day, but, they will tomorrow.

Here is a pic of this thing.. VERY happy Apple is replacing it.

He also obtained a volvo for $0 that he sold to a junkyard for $300 ish.

Luck smiles on some!

Well ght I'm glad it's worked out for you. With all the wrongs you've had going on its nice to read that you got lucky this time.

Seriously man. Give him a break. Something good worked out for him and you've gotta try to take him down a peg.
Is it that hard to to write something positive or just not post ?

I know my first post in this thread was questioning the wisdom of this impulsive buy however I couldn't be happier for him now that it's going to work out for him.

What's the plan ght. Are you gonna sell the new one or the used one? I don't know what their worth in your neck of the woods but if you knock 100 of the new price it should sell fast.
Will that net a profit? Remember you aren't in this to have a nice new fancy gadget you did it to turn a profit. Keep that in mind.
I suggest not even opening the box on the new one. You can command a better dollar if it's still in its original wrapped condition. As soon as it's opened you can claim its new however it's a tougher sell.
Be sure to update the thread with how you made out.
I'm happy for you bud

Here is a pic of this thing.. VERY happy Apple is replacing it.

Congrats, Techno. It seems like you dodged a potential bullet. Don't you/didn't you already own an iPhone?

Remember when you go to sell the phone not to sell it on credit (I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for an iPhone today) and don't accept partial payment.

Posted from a macbook Pro in the iStore... getting a new phone NOW!
smile.gif

*** The guy did it the APPLE info, not the SPRINT info! *phew* I started sweating when I had to say it wasn't mine.
He said.. "Oh, good. Well, I don't need ANY of that then, and if you don't need phone number on it, I will have you out of here very, very quickly!"

smile.gif

Leaving with a NEW phone, activated with "no number" so
smile.gif

I like this MacBook Pro. Keyboard is awesome... And there is no price..... listed...

** He also told me that "It won't always go that way" and since the phone was technically working, he'd just replace it.

GRAND SLAM!
laugh.gif

He is comin back with it soon...

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
No, not free, for the price you paid for the one with the smashed screen.

Still a bargain, though
smirk.gif

How much do you think I can now sell it for?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
No, not free, for the price you paid for the one with the smashed screen.

Still a bargain, though
smirk.gif

How much do you think I can now sell it for?

What model is it? How many GB? I assume it has no carrier binding since it came direct from Apple right? If that's the case then it is worth a fair bit more than a carrier-bound one, that's for sure.

You could probably get 75% of what Apple wants for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back