My dad is nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Hydroedges for this car is overkill. I had a set on the Prius for a couple weeks, and returned them under Michelin's 30 day no-questions-asked wty (replacing them with MXV4-Pluses; a much better fit for my car). They felt solid enough, and handled well, but especially at low/mid speeds, the tread noise was awful. Also, I took a substantial mpg hit. This may be an unfair criticism, as I did not give them time to break in.

I'm not sold on these 90k tires.

I'm from the school of thought that would like new non dry rotted tires on the car.

I've had great luck buying several of the "made in japan" tires. Kumho, and most recently Falken on my girlfriends neon.

I've never had a problem with their all season tires, we usually replace them every 3 years for 50 percent of the cost of a firestone/michelin/goodyear.

They are a safe tire as well.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
Must have been all of those late night/early morning beer runs! I have noticed that when carrying multiple(ten or eleven) cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon in the passenger seat, tire wear is noticeable. Try inflating the passenger tires by 2 psi.

LOL.gif

No beer runs for me, no passengers, and I maybe put in 1000 out of those 12k+ miles.

I'm already running 40 psi in the front, 36 psi in the rear. The manual calls for 30 psi in the front, 26 psi in the rear. The ride is already EXTREMELY firm and choppy.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
How is the wear across the tire? Is the wear even around the tire?

No uneven wear at all. The inner, center and outer portions of the tread are all exactly 8/32 despite my tire inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back