My computer speakers pickup cb radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been goin on for about a month now. The first time I heard it I thought my speakers were possessed, It really freaked me out. But now it's starting to really bug the ---- out of me. It doesn't matter if you unhook them from the computer, turn them down, turn them all the way up the volume is the same. The only way to stop it is to turn them off. I thought about buying a CB so I could tell them off, But I figured that wouldn't work. All they ever talk about is their CB's and what kind of setup they have, It might be different if they talk about car maintenance or something similar.

So how can I stop it before I go nuts?

Check with your local Radio Shack and see if they have a filter that you can plug in and then plug in your speakers into it. Back in the CB heyday that was a common problem.

Sounds like you must be living close to the folks using the CBs?

They mostly talk around late evening. So I just turn off my speakers when I hear them, Until I can figure something else out.

Not sure if this will work,but try not having your speaker wires straight.They are probably acting as antennas this way. Cat 5 cable is wound up tighter than cat 3 for this reason also.Less interference.

Do your speakers have volume control as well? If you ran the sound card driver at 100% then turned the speakers down the signal-noise ratio will improve.

Also play around in the driver in case a mic or line in pickup is checked off, these should all be muted, the sound card might be pumping the noise through, dutifully.

Try some foil around your speakers, they probably have ZERO sheilding (to keep the price down) to protect them from interference.
If your neighbour was running an illegal setup causing interference, you would be hearing it in other radio/video equipment. If you don't hear it in headphones, its just poor speaker amp design.

Alex.

Quote:

Do your speakers have volume control as well? If you ran the sound card driver at 100% then turned the speakers down the signal-noise ratio will improve.

Also play around in the driver in case a mic or line in pickup is checked off, these should all be muted, the sound card might be pumping the noise through, dutifully.

The speakers don't even have to be hooked up to the computer for this to happen, And volume level makes no difference whatsoever.

Quote:

Try some foil around your speakers, they probably have ZERO sheilding (to keep the price down) to protect them from interference.
If your neighbour was running an illegal setup causing interference, you would be hearing it in other radio/video equipment. If you don't hear it in headphones, its just poor speaker amp design.

Alex.

My other neighbor hears it in his telephone, So who know whats going on over there.

That's funny, I ought to.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back