mt90 & 75W90NS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of using redline MT90 In a 96 nissan PU 5 speed tranny & 75W90NS in the rear end TWD. Any problems with this or will it be OK
Does anyone have the fluid volumes for a 2 wheel drive 96 nissan pu std tranny & rear end?
smile.gif

Excellent choices, but have you thought about MTL for the trans? It has worked for me and also lowered my trans temp 40 degrees while towing! After using it for the last 140,000 miles I won't use anything else. ( 93 Dodge Cummins with 5 speed)I use the 75-140 in the axles and 75-90 in the transfer case. Don't work for them either, just really like the product. Jim

That also seems like a good choice it looks like it is a little thinner and would help cold weather shifts. MT() seems to be recxommended for nissan though?
Just wondering if anyone has used either MTL
confused.gif
or MT90 in thier nissan trans
Which one to pick too many decisions

Why NS in the rear end? I was told by Dave at RL to use 75W90 in rear end and 75W90NS in the Outback trans which asks for GL5. NS is 'less slippery' or something? Are you sure your diff needs NS?

Long Run, unless your truck has a limited slip rear end, the NS is what you use. Kind of confusing, the NS is for rear ends with OUT limited slip. The regular 75-90 has a friction modifier in it. I would also go with the MTL for the trans, it will shift a lot smoother and quicker than the heavier stuff. (unless Nissan says to use it) Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back