Motul 300V 5W40, 6500 miles, Audi S4

Status
Not open for further replies.
History: Prior UOA was a mystery fill after a serious accident that occurred at 49k miles.

-

Nice report in a nice wearing engine. I didn't realize Motul was using that much Moly.
freak2.gif

This is the 2nd great Audi UOA I've seen on Motul 5W-40. It seems that Audis like this oil the way Toyotas like M1. Outstanding report!

quote:

Originally posted by RallyJon:
High silicon is a symptom of an old air filter?

Hey, Jon B!
smile.gif

Yes. Are you running an aftermarket filter? Silicon is usually in the single digits with an OEM or clean filter.
What oil are you running in the STi?

-Dennis

RallyJon,
Would you clarify which one of Motul 300V 5W-40 you used: in silver-red or bronze cans ? This is to understand what 300V generation showed such nice figures. Thanks for sharing your info.

-

Silver/red. I got my current stock about a year ago. I've used it in the STI and for three years prior in my old Impreza RS with aftermarket turbo. I used to use Mobil 1 0W40 in the Audi, but it seems to like the Motul too.

I ordered a new air filter for the Audi since I can't remember the last time I checked it.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the picture! I suggest you give the new "double ester" stuff a shot when you can. Supposedly its quite an improvement over the already good 300V of old...

quote:

Originally posted by RallyJon:
FWIW, the cans and the box they came in say "double ester" on them.
confused.gif

Thanks for the picture. Now I see that both, old and new, are silver/red, just based on some internet pictures seemed the new was bronze. May be wrong photo or light impact. Thanks again.

So is this the new stuff?

As I posted on another thread, Motul 300V 5W40 used to be green (the oil, not the can
wink.gif
). Now it's a reddish brown color.

At least one of the Motul oils in the VOA archives here indicates 12ppm of Silicone--so at least some of the Silicone here may have been part of the original formula.

Great report.
fruit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back