Motorcraft or Rotella?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tired 4.0l Cherokee that Im trying to keep running till I can get a job/save up enough money for a new motor. It has a lifter/cam knock and leaks oil.
Anyway, I was wondering if Motorcraft "Super Duty Diesel" oil would be fine in it. I mainly want something cheap that will not cause any more damage than is already done and diesel oil is said to be the best choice.

The Motorcraft is like 11 or 13$ for 5qts with regular qts available, where Rotella T5 is 16$ for 4. (yes, 5$ does mean that much, Im poor)

Also; I cant find regular quarts of T5 at Walmart, just the jugs.
Im pretty sure this is semi synthetic too If I read the jug right, but I may of confused the "semi synth" part with the regular motorcraft engine oil.

Last edited:
go with the super tech hi mileage 10-30 for 12$...i did my part for michigan, i bought a new focus awhile back, it must suck being that broke

Originally Posted By: Defiance665
I have a tired 4.0l Cherokee that Im trying to keep running till I can get a job/save up enough money for a new motor. It has a lifter/cam knock and leaks oil.
Anyway, I was wondering if Motorcraft "Super Duty Diesel" oil would be fine in it. I mainly want something cheap that will not cause any more damage than is already done and diesel oil is said to be the best choice.

The Motorcraft is like 11 or 13$ for 5qts with regular qts available, where Rotella T5 is 16$ for 4. (yes, 5$ does mean that much, Im poor)

Also; I cant find regular quarts of T5 at Walmart, just the jugs.
Im pretty sure this is semi synthetic too If I read the jug right, but I may of confused the "semi synth" part with the regular motorcraft engine oil.
Motor craft 15w40 will do a good job, use it. We use it in my sons 1979 Jeep, does just fine.

Thanks.
Looks like its motorcraft or ST.
Is the ST marked as "Diesel" oil? I havent seen any at our local store.

I also have to buy a 7$ oil filter adapter, so I can run standard thread filters.

The problem with the gallon Jugs is I need 2 more quarts. They only sell the gallons of Delvac/Delo at Walmart, no single quarts.

Looks like its ST, since its in a gallon jug but they sell single quarts too or Motorcraft, which comes in a 5qt jug and Ill use MMO to make up the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back