Motorcraft FL500S & Champ PH500XL C&P

Hello Friends

I recently purchased a 2015 F150 Supercab 4x4 with the 3.5 V6 non-turbo engine. The truck had 190k on the odometer. I replaced spark plugs and ignition coils due to acceleration issues and misfire codes. When I removed the plenum I saw lots of oil in the plenum, and the PCV valve was clogged with sludge. Further inspection showed lots of sludge in the engine as well.

I performed the BG dynamic engine flush. I took some photos but not enough. The first few are the motorcraft which had motorcraft 5w20 for approximately 200 miles. The next two filters are two Champ PH500XL. The first one was run for 45 minutes at 3000 RPM with the engine cleaner. The second one was run for 20 minutes at 3000 RPM with the rinse oil.

I am pleased with the construction of all three filters. Interestingly, the motorcraft had the most sludge even though it was just regular oil.

Sorry for the long post enjoy the pictures I did take.

Thanks.🥃

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

Hello Friends

I recently purchased a 2015 F150 Supercab 4x4 with the 3.5 V6 non-turbo engine. The truck had 190k on the odometer. I replaced spark plugs and ignition coils due to acceleration issues and misfire codes. When I removed the plenum I saw lots of oil in the plenum, and the PCV valve was clogged with sludge. Further inspection showed lots of sludge in the engine as well.

I performed the BG dynamic engine flush. I took some photos but not enough. The first few are the motorcraft which had motorcraft 5w20 for approximately 200 miles. The next two filters are two Champ PH500XL. The first one was run for 45 minutes at 3000 RPM with the engine cleaner. The second one was run for 20 minutes at 3000 RPM with the rinse oil.

I am pleased with the construction of all three filters. Interestingly, the motorcraft had the most sludge even though it was just regular oil.

Sorry for the long post enjoy the pictures I did take.

Thanks.🥃

View attachment 219226

View attachment 219227

View attachment 219228

View attachment 219229

View attachment 219230

View attachment 219231

View attachment 219232

View attachment 219233

View attachment 219234

View attachment 219235

What oil and filter went in and on? Maybe I missed it. I Thank You sir 👍🇺🇸🍺

I remember your other post. It looked real nasty in there but the pics you're showing here inside the engine look great. What are you next plans for it from here? That Motorcraft is jammed up. Wow.

What oil and filter went in and on? Maybe I missed it. I Thank You sir 👍🇺🇸🍺
I forgot to add that. A Motorfcraft FL500S and 6 quarts of Valvoline Restore and Protect (5W20). I also added the 11oz BG MOA additive as directed in the instructions for the flush. This will be a short OCI as well, maybe 200 miles.

I remember your other post. It looked real nasty in there but the pics you're showing here inside the engine look great. What are you next plans for it from here? That Motorcraft is jammed up. Wow.
Next is the transmission, and then the differentials. I also want to flush the brake lines but not a priority right now. Transmission is a priority for me because I get some hard shifting going into 4th 5th and 6th but not every time.

Back