Motorcraft 910S...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...can the MC 400S (longer filter)...be used in place of the MC 910S ?

I'm looking for a filter with a little more media...for my 03' Ford Focus.

if it has clearance, they switched to the 910 because people were knocking the longer filter off the engine while driving
(on the front vertical mount duratechs)

ie pull up to concrete parking stop "tin can noise"
oh no there goes the oil filter martha!!

Given where the filter is I'd stick to the 910. If you take good car of your car and your engine is clean an oversized filter isn't necessary. Oil itself is a filter an oil filter catches the bigger stuff. If your motor is clean there shouldn't be a lot of bigger stuff to catch jmo.

Given where the filter is I'd stick to the 910. If you take good car of your car and your engine is clean an oversized filter isn't necessary. Oil itself is a filter an oil filter catches the bigger stuff. If your motor is clean there shouldn't be a lot of bigger stuff to catch jmo.

Originally Posted By: Rand
if it has clearance, they switched to the 910 because people were knocking the longer filter off the engine while driving
(on the front vertical mount duratechs)

ie pull up to concrete parking stop "tin can noise"
oh no there goes the oil filter martha!!

Yes....thats what I thought
Originally Posted By: chevyboy14

I'll stick with the 910....my engine is clean.....

yes. unless its a sludge wonder(or one of arco's cars) there wont be any issues with pretty much any oil filter in 7500mi

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
yes. unless its a sludge wonder(or one of arco's cars) there wont be any issues with pretty much any oil filter in 7500mi

My thoughts as well..... I have a clean engine...and will be continuing to use a 5w20 or 0w20 synthetic....M-1, PP and QSUD.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back