motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: DieselTech
I also custom tune all Ford Diesel and gassers 95-current, so I'm going to throw a slight trans tune in it firm up the shifts

That's cool, do you use SCT?

I tune SCT aswell as Sniper tuning. For the mod 4.6,5.4,6.8 sniper tuning is MUCH better then SCT. 7.3L diesel gets Sniper and 6.0 PSD i use SCT. Ford ranger uses SCT and 6.4 PSD SCT. I have some great 6.0 PSD tunes using the sniper module. I like to use it when possible because 6 custom tunes can be added to it where SCT only allows 3 custom and 3 canned tunes.

That's awesome, but that's the way Ford set it up. Oil is fed to it through a little hole. You say you've torn down these before, does the hole act as a spray nozzel to the chain?

Only place I could find an owner's manual for the F150 is in Chile. This is what it says about the 2009 F150 5.4l 3v engine,

Se recomienda el uso de aceite del motor Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 o un equivalente que cumpla con la especificación WSS-M2C929-A de Ford.

El aceite del motor SAE 5W-20 proporciona un rendimiento óptimo en cuanto a economía y durabilidad de combustible que cumple con todas las necesidades del motor de su vehículo. Según su disponibilidad, puede usarse aceite del motor Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 o un equivalente que cumpla con la especificación WSS-M2C930-A de Ford.

Translation:

We recommend using Motorcraft engine oil SAE 5W-30 or an equivalent that meets the specification WSS-M2C929-A Ford.

Engine oil SAE 5W-20 provides optimum performance in terms of fuel economy and durability that meets all the needs of your vehicle's engine. Depending on availability, can be used Motorcraft engine oil SAE 5W-20 or an equivalent that meets the specification WSS-M2C930-A Ford.

Found the same with their intire line-up in Chile that happens to be pretty much the same vehicles in the USA.

BTW, the modulars in Australia are built there not here to different specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back