Motor oil price in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
I live in Toronto. This is the first time in 30 years our Canadian dollar is equal to US green.
I will be driven down south this weekend, do some shopping.
where is good place to buy motor oil ( GC, Mobil 1, Amsoil etc.) Our regular price for GC and Mobil 1 is $8.99 and now is on sale for $7.19 per litre. what is the price in the US ? and where is the good place to buy them ? I will go to Buffalo NY.
Thanks for all your inputs

The Dino base oil , is about 16.99 to 18.00 per gallon.
This week CT store put Castrol GTX for 13.99 per gallon plus a
free Fram oil filter.
what is the price in the US ?
Any input?

hey T&CMan... we are in the same boat. i hate how much of a difference there is between toronto and buffalo in oil prices. tires too.

check out advance auto parts when you head down there:

3861 union rd.
buffalo, ny

thats the store i go to. you can also go on their website and find other stores in the buffalo area.

let me know what you find! i'm heading down there tomorrow.

Hi Benny.
Canadian can bring back 400.00 dollars of goods for duty free. As long as you went out of the country for more than 48 hours.
That means it is a lot of car parts for me.

forgot to mention, what i like about AA is that the sale prices are as-is, not mail-in rebate. as canadians, i don't think we can send in the rebates. you can also see their flyer online on the website.

according to the flyer, mobil 1 is on sale for $4.98/quart and mobil clean 5000 is on sale for $1.88/quart. regular pennzoil and HM pennzoil are also on sale, but who cares... lol.

hmmm, i will only be out of the country for a few hours... but i usually get away with it. last time, we told the guy we had about $500 worth of stuff and he said ok go ahead. and that was for a 1 day trip.

Costco does sell motor oil for about 2 dolars a quart in case of 12.
Castrol syntec case of 5 is 5 dollars each.

ya, i'm meaning to check out walmart this time i hit buffalo. i hear they have great prices. gotta find a location in buffalo thats convenient for me.

Depends on whether you want rebate and where you are, in San Francisco Bay Area, you can get free after rebate max life around once a year, 59 cents Chevron supreme or formula shell almost constantly, or 99 cents synthetic about once every 2 months. All are priced per quart, in Kragen.

The good old days of 39 cents chevron are gone, it seems like the new standard price of dino are around 69 to 79 cents after rebates or $1.29 without rebate but with coupons.

$11.97 for a 5 quart bottle of Maxlife at Wal*Mart.
getdown.gif

rebates are no good for us canadians, i think you need to be a US citizen with a US address to get the rebate. anyways, mail-in rebates aren't worth the hassle in my opinion.

i'm headed for buffalo today!

Anything bought at walmart in the 5 quart jug is going to be the best deal in the non sale/rebate/clearance/BOGO area.

It IS the best deal for mobil 1 oil anywhere, AND, when you figure in the ease of transport, and ease of use, you only have to pour one thing, once... it is awesome.

Now, if your car doesnt use 5 quarts..... d'oh.

indeed, it seemed Walmart was the place to be for 5-quart jugs. i picked up a jug of maxlife for my pickup for $11 and a jug of mobil 1 5W-20 for $22 for my friend's 07' CR-V.

i was weighing all the options for 5W-20 synthetics for her Honda, and it just made the most sense to go with the mobil 1 on reg. price from Walmart. i mean, its so ---- cheap. it works out to $4.40/quart that way. and these 5-quart jugs are bigger than the jugs we have here in canada. they are 4.73 liters and ours are 4.4 liters. my other options for her were royal purple, at $8/quart or amsoil at $9/quart or any of the OTC oils like mobil 1, castrol syntec, or PP. and considering the price of the OTC oils here in canada... i mean, come on, its almost double... usually $39 for a jug. highway robbery! so i decided my best bang for the buck was an OTC oil at US Walmart price. i wanted to give PP a shot, but this Walmart only carried PP in 5W-30 and 10W-30
frown.gif

so back on topic: i'd say Walmart kicks butt for jugs of oil, but i didn't like their filters. i went to advance auto for those. got some nice purolator pureone oil and air filters there.

maybe there's another Walmart in the Buffalo area that i should have checked out, but i was on a tight schedule.

forgot to point out that the maxlife i got at Walmart says "synthetic blend" while the maxlife here does not. and $11 was reg price on that, compared to reg price $22 here in Toronto.

anyone know which maxlife it is that we get here in Canada? as far as i understand, you Americans get 3 flavors of maxlife: regular, syn blend, and syn. the only one i saw at that walmart was the syn blend. and the only ones i can find here in Toronto are regular or syn. no blend. is our regular actually a blend or no?

The True Value hardware store off South Park Ave. in Hamburg (right across from the Fairgrounds) sells a limited selection of AMSOIL 0W-30 Series2000 and 15W-40 Synthetic are the best offerings (the rest is XL). Most of the area NAPA stores also sell AMSOIL. German Castrol can be had at any of the area Autozones (although I noticed some BITOGer cleaned out the Hamburg store when there was a sale on Castrol SYN that last time I was there)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back