More U.S Oil production on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trvlr500
Speaking of eyesores and littering the scenery near the Tetons. Has anyone seen any of the wind farms that are popping up all over Wyoming, Texas and other states. What a waste of money. At least when I see an oil or gas rig I know there is something good happening and they are much nicer to look at than a bunch of wind mills. Solar panels are even worse.

Waste of money? I don't think so. There'd better be A LOT more of these renewable energy devices popping up, and I mean in huge numbers, or we are going to be in even a bigger mess as a nation energywise. We also need MANY more nuclear plants built. Continuing to rely on depleting fossil fules is a dead end road...

Originally Posted By: grampi
More dilling here in the states does little to effect gas prices unless all the oil obtained here stays here and isn't put on the world market. Using our oil to subsidize our own prices would help considerably, but that will never be done because big oil is too greedy....

It's not big oil, grampi. It's big government. Who do you think passes legislation allowing them to sell the oil outside the country? Who passes legislation allowing foreign companies and governments such as England, Australia, China and others to drill and mine for OUR natural resources? Big government. That's who.

The second hand smoke lie is another perfect example. They say there are over 4000 chemicals in cigarette smoke and they have everyone believing that it's "big tobacco". No it isn't. Who allows them to poison the tobacco plants and poison those who smoke? Big government, that's who. The FDA, The Department of Agriculture and the USDA.

All you have to do is look at all the treaties that have been signed merging the economies of every country together. Look at the WTO and the U.N. There are more foreign companies in America taking our natural resources than there are American companies. We don't own our own natural resources any longer.

"Big Oil" isn't doing that. The government is. That's why we hear the word "GLOBAL" all the time.

Who cares whose doing the restricting? Point is, oil drilled and produced here does little to lower OUR prices if that oil is put on the world market.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

Yes, best to keep those ugly well tree farms out of sight. Better to buy our oil from our sworn enemies, give them all the jobs...we dont need any jobs in America, do we?

FTR, there are working wells in Northern MI that are within three or four miles of some of the most pristine lakes in this country. The act of drilling for oil is a pretty manageable undertaking, there is very little environmental damage even during production. After production has ceased and the well is closed off, you would have a hard time telling the well was even there.

Some people look at a well head and see blight on the landscape, I see a well head and see commerce and cash flow.

+1

Waste of money? I don't think so. There'd better be A LOT more of these renewable energy devices popping up, and I mean in huge numbers, or we are going to be in even a bigger mess as a nation energywise. We also need MANY more nuclear plants built. Continuing to rely on depleting fossil fules is a dead end road...

You can thank the econuts for most of that. They put CAFE in to restrict people's car buying choices but it cemented "planet killing" SUV's as the vehicle of choice.

Want electric cars? Well the econuts prevent just about any new electric plant from being built which limits supply and keeps electricity prices high. This make electric cars less competitive against gas cars.

Just about everything the econuts do is counter productive to their own cause, and everyone else's lifestyle.

MTBE, ethanol...just more examples of counter productive policies designed to "save the planet".

We all have a pretty good idea who owns the politicians but that isn't the issue. We hire and pay those people to look out for our best interests and the majority of them haven't for decades. They look out for their own interests and those of the people that pay them off.

Who WE elect is the problem. Not the people who buy them. We can always vote with our wallets by buying gas from companies who don't import oil for starters.

Speaking of eyesores and littering the scenery near the Tetons. Has anyone seen any of the wind farms that are popping up all over Wyoming, Texas and other states. What a waste of money. At least when I see an oil or gas rig I know there is something good happening and they are much nicer to look at than a bunch of wind mills. Solar panels are even worse.

I'll agree with you on the nuclear power plants. The eco terrorists are blocking them as well.

As far as the renewable energy hoax. There is no such thing. Windmills are a joke. I spent 10 years driving back and forth across this country and I've seen A LOT of those wind farms. Vary rarely were they ever spinning. They simply don't supply the steady power generation that oil, natural gas and coal fuels can.

As far as fossil fuels running out? More lies. Oil is manufactured naturally by the earth. It's not necessarily a fossil fuel either since it is manufactured at depths where there never have been fossils and never will be. If it IS a fossil fuel then just exactly how many fossils are down there? I find it hard to believe we haven't used up all the fossils in the last 100 years. The oil is created from something else in addition to fossils I would think.

Many of the oil fields that were drained dry refill all on their own. That doesn't include the huge reserves they have discovered recently such as the Baaken and others up in Alaska, Colorado, PA, NY, TX, OK etc. etc. etc.

Then there is the frac technique and directional drilling they are doing. They can get at oil reserves they couldn't tap into before.

This nonsense about us running out of oil is ridiculous. They've been using that scare tactic since the 70's. I just have to wonder when everyone will wake up to the fact that they are being lied to.

By the time we run out if oil,if it ever happens, there WILL be other technologies we can use by then. We need to put a stop to foreign governments coming in here and taking our natural resources. On the flip side we shouldn't be overseas drilling and mining for someone elses natural resources either. They should be trading this stuff back and forth not letting other countries come in and take it.

Oil will never run out, the world is square and we never landed on the moon.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
I think you have it Heavyhitter.... except I thought the world was flat. Ooops, I guess that would not explain the infinite supply of oil that some are claiming on here.

Note that these claims sound like talk radio, no reference to actual oil field reports, vetted sources..... even CERA (Cambridge Energy...) a highly respected oil analysis and forecasting service has changed their tune. Just a few years ago, they forecast that we would be producing 120 million barrels a day by 2020, now they have lowered those forecasts to 90 million, just barely above today.

I need to add a couple of specific comments, anyone doing any research at all can verify this. (Verifying data does not occur by listening to talk radio or reading web-echo posts)

ADM (Archer Daniels Midland) an ethanol producer gave enormous amounts of money for years to both political parties, and to individual candidates. The Corn Growers have also given huge amounts of money for ethanol promotion, and they constitute a sizable voting block. Yes, campaign finance reform is always a terrifying prospect but....

Most Eco groups have been opposed to ethanol, those saying the opposite over and over does not make it true....

Finally, the Bakken is not new.... Marathon oil has been drilling into it for about 50 years. Fracing is not new, it has been used since the late 40's.

Could we refuse to export oil, knowing that we import almost 3/4 of our consumption?

Finally, would all of our cars still get 13 mpg (epa measured average in 1973) if we had not given incentive to improve it?

As a life long car nut, I was glad to finally see money spent on improving engine design, radial tires, advanced electronic controls........ and never really got excited that fins went on one year and off the next...... annual styling changes gobbled large amount of our engineering money previous to that time.

As one of those raised in the Eisenhower days, I lean more toward ingenuity, tenacious research, and individual responsibility, in responding to this world wide situation.
Conservation and alternate energy will occur in may different forms..... heck, no one predicted any of the gadgets that my family now relies on!!

I am driving some of the most economical vehicles available, and look forward to purchasing even more efficient ones.
I do not think that whining, looking for scapegoats and groups to blame will help, we are all in this together.

Alternative energy will continue to improve ......

but, wait, the world is full of oil...... I just read it on the internet..... someplace.

Fsskier and Heavyhitter,

Go ahead and keep falling for it. You actually believe those publications? You don't need to read anything on the internet to figure out we are being lied to and you don't have to listen to talk radio for it either.

Why would you believe Cambridge Energy? What would make them any more reputable than any other source? That is like saying you can believe the NY Times just because they have been in existence for so long.

How many years ago did they say we were reaching peak oil? 40? Yet there is more and more of it available every day even though there is an increasing demand around the world even though certain groups have done everything in there power to shut it down?

I would bet if the government came out tomorrow and told you two the world was flat again you would believe that too. Let me guess. You probably believe that Greenland will turn upside down if the ice melts due to "climate change".

If they tell you throwing young virgins into live volcanoes will prevent an eruption would you believe that as well?

If we ever DO run out of oil it is a long way off and there are quite a few things that can be done to reduce it's use such as starting to make things out of various metals again instead of cheap plastic, building more nuclear power plants, using coal to make gasoline which the military has already done just to name a few.

This nonsense of electric cars, windmills and solar panels is laughable. But you two keep falling for it. I'm sure your investments in alternative energy will pay off with the help of subsidies payed for by the already overtaxed middle class which is the only way a hoax like this is ever forced on us.

If alternative energy is such a viable solution why is the government subsidizing it with stolen money?

Last edited:
More dilling here in the states does little to effect gas prices unless all the oil obtained here stays here and isn't put on the world market. Using our oil to subsidize our own prices would help considerably, but that will never be done because big oil is too greedy....

Who is big oil? The biggest oil company you can probably name is not likely to rank in the Top Ten biggest oil companies in the world.

How many years ago did they say we were reaching peak oil? 40? Yet there is more and more of it available every day even though there is an increasing demand around the world even though certain groups have done everything in there power to shut it down?

I want to say that the first warnings about the world running out of oil came during the administration of Woodrow Wilson. But it could have been a decade or two before then.

Sir Harry Ricardo may have been the first with something like...

"We started running out of oil the day that we started using it."

I find it hard to believe we haven't used up all the fossils in the last 100 years. The oil is created from something else in addition to fossils I would think.

Oil fairy just keeps topping it up from Dimension X ?

Nobody says that it comes from "fossils", or dinosaurs, but you do find fossils IN the massive expanses of coal, that can be proven to have a vegetative origin, simply by watching the stages of formation.

The deal is, Shannow that we don't know exactly where oil comes from and we don't seem to be running out of it while we are told we are or we would have run out 40 years ago with that last scare tactic.

The scientists around the world can't come to any solid conclusion on how the stuff is even created for sure and no one knows how much is down there yet we are constantly told we are running out. We have heard it for decades but whenever there is a shortage somewhere all of the sudden oil shows up.

You can't even trust the "scientists". They were all proven liars when it came to "global warming" and "climate change". We know that is a farce!

Just like right now. The middle east is in shambles because of Egypt and Lybia. They have shut down drilling for the most part in the gulf but have used OUR tax dollars to fund a Brazillian drilling company down in Brazil to drill for a huge oil find down there.

Now they are drilling like mad in many other states in the U.S. for all the oil they say isn't there. When are the people going to wake up!? We use oil for a everything and we need it. They have us by the short hairs. They could reduce our oil consumption overnight with nuclear power but they haven't. Why?

When is everyone going to realize we are being played! I can't wait for the day when they tell us we are running out of natural gas and coal. I'm sure all the drones will fall for that as well.

Sorry but I don't believe the propaganda.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
Who is big oil? The biggest oil company you can probably name is not likely to rank in the Top Ten biggest oil companies in the world.

To me big oil isn't just a top oil company, but any entity that controls large supplies of oil and production, and therefore controls pricing. OPEC is big oil...

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red

To me big oil isn't just a top oil company, but any entity that controls large supplies of oil and production, and therefore controls pricing. OPEC is big oil...

OPEC tries to control production and prices, but fails as often as it succeeds.

I give up...I don't know who or what to believe anymore. I have been trying to follow world events and the news to keep up with what is happening with the oil and gas markets/prices. For everything I read, hear or see on TV news, there are 10 people saying it's 100% true and 10 people saying it's a lie or a distorted half-truth.

I had more than half a tank of gas in my truck but I filled up last night anyway in anticipation of the "Day of Rage" planned in Saudi Arabia tomorrow. Who knows what will happen there tomorrow and it's anybody's guess how "they" (whoever "they" really are) will use that to jack the prices up even further.

I will say that I am done with being overly concerned with the oil and gas markets. I hope the people in the Middle East can somehow come to a quick and peaceful solution to their problems, but I doubt they ever will. They have been fighting and killing each other senselessly for centuries.

I hope I can trust my own government to do the right thing if gas prices ever do get completely out of hand. I can only hope the government's version of the right thing is about the same as my own.

There is not much I can do about gas prices, other than keep my truck tuned up and in good shape so it runs the best it can and to drive carefully and sensibly. I am grateful that I work from home, so now I only buy about 1/3 as much gas as I used to.

I am going to try to be less worried about gas prices. I only hope everything can get back to normal for all of us as soon as possible. I am done with obsessing about it now.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
I give up...I don't know who or what to believe anymore. I have been trying to follow world events and the news to keep up with what is happening with the oil and gas markets/prices...
I had more than half a tank of gas in my truck but I filled up last night anyway in anticipation of the "Day of Rage" planned in Saudi Arabia tomorrow. Who knows what will happen there tomorrow and it's anybody's guess how "they" (whoever "they" really are) will use that to jack the prices up even further.

Faced with an uncertain future, and knowing you would need to buy at some point, you decided to lock in at last night's price. You, sir, are a hedger, a very small one to be sure compared to those who buy fuel for shipping companies or utilities or big users. But you are motivated by the same impulses as a pure speculator -- an expectation that prices will go up or down and your wish to be on the right side of that price move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back