more than a thousand new species

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? They are all gonna die from Global Warming and De-forestation. Right? Or that's what we're brainwashed to believe.

The discovery of new species makes practically up for all the casualties caused by pollution and destruction of habitat, eh?
wink.gif

Anything resemble 'Blinky' the 3 eyed fish from the Simpsons?

Natives in some remote African locales have seen large dinosaur like creatures. They inhabit wet areas. It's tracks have been found by outsiders, as well. They say don't eat people, but thrash the water and sometimes kill them if approached too closely.
When shown pictures of know species, there is no recognition by the natives. When shown a drawn picture of a long necked brachyosaurus type , they all responded that it was what they have seen/experienced. It is a reduced size version, however.

Let's see some photos or videos, or even tracks.
You should know by now that 'natives', wherever they are will often tell outsiders outlandish tales if they think that's what they want to hear.
Been doing it in Scotland for centuries.

Mark/C - Scotland? Nessie? What about the underwater cameras that showed body parts and a head very clearly? Since Loch Ness is sort of dammed up now, the ingress and access of anything is impeded in the future.

Until there are pictures, I don't have pictures. But you can see pictures of an extinct coalecanth that was caught - oops!. Same for the 'Nessie' that the Japanese fishing boat caught.

We don't see sub atomic particles either [maybe yet], but only have evidences of them.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
proof enough for me.

I'll be they taste like chicken (or at least ostrich).

buyfordollar.jpg

I'll buy that for a dollar!

Striped rabbit? Interesting!

Quote:
....one, the beautifully named Laotian Rock Rat, was discovered in a local food market, so the people who live there were very aware of this creature, but science came to it very late."

Classic!!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Mark/C - Scotland? Nessie? What about the underwater cameras that showed body parts and a head very clearly? Since Loch Ness is sort of dammed up now, the ingress and access of anything is impeded in the future.

Until there are pictures, I don't have pictures. But you can see pictures of an extinct coalecanth that was caught - oops!. Same for the 'Nessie' that the Japanese fishing boat caught.

We don't see sub atomic particles either [maybe yet], but only have evidences of them.

Coelacanth was only assumed to be extinct, obviously, the ocean is a much bigger place for things to remain unseen than some swampy places in Africa, or Loch Ness. Finding the Coelacanth didn't negate the fact that they've been around for millions of years, only that it hasn't yet gone extinct.
The Japanese caught the rotting carcass of a Basking Shark, not a "nessie", whatever you think that is.
I'd love to find that such things as Nessie, or Sasquatch, or even remnant dinosaur populations existed, but wishful thinking and hearsay isn't proof. And if a living dinosaur was found, it would only mean that a species has survived undetected, not that they didn't also exist millions of years ago.
Loch Ness isn't thought to support enough fish to sustain a population of large creatures.

HOLY COW! I can't believe there is someone else who uses that phrase!!!! People look at me like I am from Mars when I saw that! Coincidentally, one of my other favorite movie phrases is "Get your a$$ to Mars."

About the new species, more proof that we aren't as smart as we think we are. Not as interesting as the new species found in Borneo or New Guinea (I forget which) that had no natural fear of humans. From what I read, it was right out of a Disney movie with birds landing on the biologist's fingers and everything (and not in a Hitchcock way!).

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

buyfordollar.jpg

I'll buy that for a dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back