Moly and Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive the stupidity of a newbie. I have searched the forums, and I read a lot about how good Moly is and that Havoline/Chevron have the highest concentration in the Dino arena. What about Synthetic? Which Synthetic has the highest concentration of Moly?

Have a look and Red Line Oils, certainly one of the most popular [on BITOG] moly loaded synthetic oils.

Don't forget about Schaeffers, moly and penetro
moly_two.jpg
moly_one.jpg

http://www.schaefferoil.com/supreme_9000.html

Synthetic oil is the wave of the future, Mobile one is what I use and no problems yet at 200k on a 318 dodge engine, courier van, one ton. My boss ran Mobile one in his last 2 vans, chevys v8 gas engines,, one at a million miles and the other 750k, both are still running and the engines have not been rebuilt yet, go figure,,sky

Originally Posted By: Eddie
If one picks an oil based on moly highest content, you may very well not be picking the best oil for your engine.

Exactly. All this extra moly does what?

The highest level of Moly I have seen is the 0w-20's from Idemitsu, branded Honda and available at their dealerships.

But, I don't buy it. There are more important factors than that.

I am not looking for an oil...I have chosen that already. I was just curious...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Synthetic oil is the wave of the future, Mobile one is what I use and no problems yet at 200k on a 318 dodge engine, courier van, one ton. My boss ran Mobile one in his last 2 vans, chevys v8 gas engines,, one at a million miles and the other 750k, both are still running and the engines have not been rebuilt yet, go figure,,sky

Be careful about saying anything good about M1 here. You might be accused of trying to destroy BITOG or at the least be pounced on by the M1 bashers.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

Be careful about saying anything good about M1 here. You might be accused of trying to destroy BITOG or at the least be pounced on by the M1 bashers. By the way what OCI do you use?

Last edited:
Mobil 1 is an excellant oil and easy to find. OK, I said it. LOL. Most of us here like to try different oils to try find find what is best. LOL. Oh well.

Lets say you throw in 1L out of a possible 4L of a moly rich oil during an oil change. How long does the moly stay in the system, or will it be depleted by the end of the intervalor will it be washed away so to speak if you went back to normal oil for the next interval? I am a moly dummy so I thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back