Mobil 1 Ep filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt find this info on mobil1's website so i thought i would ask it on here. How long can you use a mobil1 oil filter? I have a 04 chevy tracker zr-2 with a v-6 engine. The oil i am using is amsoil series 2000 0w30 with the mobil1 ep oil filter. The oil only has 3500 miles on it. The oil and filter have been in the engine for 6 months now. Is there a time limit to keep this filter in use? thanks

Depends on condition of engine interior
Dopends on contamination/dilution percentage
UOAs tell the only true story on what's going-on inside your engine.

If everything inside is relatively clean & non-polluted, some here go 15K/one year on a filter like that.

I run my mobil 1 filters thru 2 OCIs. My average annual mileage is 10-12K miles.

I don't know if I read that, trip-sev. He may be doing 2-4 ocis in that 12k. He didn't say that his OCI was 12k. I imagine that it's every 6 months.

I went in to PEPBoys to get a M1 filter because I ran out of Eao filters. I took the M1 filter out of the box to examine it. I was not impressed favorably with what I saw.I returned the filter to it's box and placed it back on the shelf. I will wait for a fresh supply of Eaos to get here. The M1 filter had fewer and smaller oil holes. After experienceing the heft and Quality of the Eao, I could not get myself to get a M1 filter. This purely my opinion, I'm sure the M1 is a fine filter. I guess I had some preconceived ideas due to the M1 oil controversy, that the product tinkering may have filtered down to the M1 OF.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Do you think that there is not enough area through to 'holes' and the M1 filter will starve your engine?

No, I don't think engine lube will be a problem, it is just my preference, the M1 didn't meet my perceptual expectations.

Harry

Further, I used to get some engine noise using the M1 filter, it went away with the Eao, so I'm concluding that the Eao flows oil better than the M1.

Harry

I had much higher engine noise and roughness in my Honda 3.5L V6 with M1 EP oil and filter. I wonder if it was just the filter, the oil or the combination of the two?

Quote:

I had much higher engine noise and roughness in my Honda 3.5L V6 with M1 EP oil and filter. I wonder if it was just the filter, the oil or the combination of the two?

You will have to try an Eao to see, worked for me.

Harry
driving.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back