MMO + DI Engines : User Experiences welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Bourne. I've just bought 2 inverse oilers. I started a thread on them a few days back. I think they might be the answer to the direct injection valve deposit issue. I can give you the email address of the gent I bought mine from. Perhaps by emailing him you can glean some insight on whether it can help.
And I agree with dermapaint as far as getting on top of it ASAP. Once those deposits are caked on they will be far more difficult to remove.
The inverse oiler doesn't just have to have mmo in the tank. If you put a product like regane or techron mixed with the mmo it may work better at deposit removal.
Dermapaint has an inverse oiler on one of his vehicles. Maybe shoot him a pm and he can tell you all about them.
I think they might just be the cure for the DI valve deposit issue.

it won't help. people have already tried removing deposits using much stronger chemicals than MMO through the intake at higher concentrations than an inverse oiler would provide. they only clean the soft deposits and not the hardened deposits on the intake valves. they are a waste of time on a DI engine.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Bourne. I've just bought 2 inverse oilers. I started a thread on them a few days back. I think they might be the answer to the direct injection valve deposit issue. I can give you the email address of the gent I bought mine from. Perhaps by emailing him you can glean some insight on whether it can help.
And I agree with dermapaint as far as getting on top of it ASAP. Once those deposits are caked on they will be far more difficult to remove.
The inverse oiler doesn't just have to have mmo in the tank. If you put a product like regane or techron mixed with the mmo it may work better at deposit removal.
Dermapaint has an inverse oiler on one of his vehicles. Maybe shoot him a pm and he can tell you all about them.

it won't help. people have already tried removing deposits using much stronger chemicals than MMO through the intake at higher concentrations than an inverse oiler would provide. they only clean the soft deposits and not the hardened deposits on the intake valves. they are a waste of time on a DI engine.

I think if you install it on a new vehicle you won't allow the deposits to form, or you'll slow the formation down. I think its worth a shot.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I think if you install it on a new vehicle you won't allow the deposits to form, or you'll slow the formation down. I think its worth a shot.

Unless MMO can increase the temperatures of the intake valves, it likely won't make a difference.

Unless MMO can increase the temperatures of the intake valves, it likely won't make a difference.

Has anyone tried an Inverse Oiler on a new DI engine before deposits started to accumulate yet? I still think its worth a shot, even if it only slows down the build up.

Many of the Mazdaspeed tuners have tried MMO and it didn't do anything for their e85 tunes.

They have tried many different lubes. IIRC, they saw an increase of flow from VR1 oil. Not sure of the dose though.

Mind you these guys are running 100% E85 tunes. 100% Gasoline actually is a decent lubrication to the contrary.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Where are the independent, certified studies from an organization like SAE that conclude that MMO is effective at anything at all?

Chevron Techron has the credentials (SAE) to back up is effectiveness as a result of independent testing.

I'm waiting.
grin.gif

STILL waiting. Anyone care to show me the documented independent SAE tests that prove MMO does anything to clean or lubricate?

If this thread is sponsored by MMO just let me know and I will cease posting here.

OP also requested that the MMO haters need not post.

That's too bad. I still think it can't hurt. Maybe the inverse oiler using a stronger cleaner?
It can't hurt to try and the cost of one is pennies compared to getting them cleaned in a shop.
Worth a shot

Originally Posted By: PZR2874
Many of the Mazdaspeed tuners have tried MMO and it didn't do anything for their e85 tunes.

They have tried many different lubes. IIRC, they saw an increase of flow from VR1 oil. Not sure of the dose though.

Mind you these guys are running 100% E85 tunes. 100% Gasoline actually is a decent lubrication to the contrary.

Have they tried an Inverse Oiler? Added to the gas it won't help.

That's too bad. I still think it can't hurt. Maybe the inverse oiler using a stronger cleaner?
It can't hurt to try and the cost of one is pennies compared to getting them cleaned in a shop.
Worth a shot

The italian tuneup has shown to remove deposits and is cheaper than a shop bill too.

Originally Posted By: PZR2874

Have they tried an Inverse Oiler? Added to the gas it won't help.

They are trying the different oils in tank (to help with HPFP lubrication only) as well as the 5th port injection (to combat gunked valves). I don't think they've dealt with an oiler.

Last edited:
Again , not worried about intake deposits as much as ucl to combat e10/e15 fuel now being sold in the market. I believe mazda uses a different system to combat deposits. Not sure yet , need to research more once technical info is released to indy shops.

I've been using E10 almost exclusively since the 70's here in Illinois. Why is the UC lube needed because of this????

Originally Posted By: bourne
Again , not worried about intake deposits as much as ucl to combat e10/e15 fuel now being sold in the market. I believe mazda uses a different system to combat deposits. Not sure yet , need to research more once technical info is released to indy shops.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but what does E10 and an ucl have to do with one another.
I know that in an engine that is burning oil,past the rings,2 stroke oil mixed with the fuel will help seal the rings to the cylinder,lowering consumption to an extent. An ucl also lubricates the rings on the upstroke,potentially lessening wear.
I don't know why you'd need an ucl just because of ethanol.
Again I'm not being facetious. Could you elaborate for me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back