MK4 Jetta Fog Installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering what to do for a fog light installation.
Here are some examples but i'm not sure if I want 2 individuals or 1 light bar in the middle.
https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/628537_x800.jpg
these are from ecs tuning
I like the idea of a light bar.
https://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.net/images/uploads/20-inch-curved-off-road-led-light-bar.jpg
These are from Superbrightleds

What do y'all think?
I like doing custom and going inside of the grille with the light bar. Not sure if it has been done yet though.

If you're looking to do a meaningful lighting upgrade, I would suggest a set of Hella E-code headlamps with the integrated fog lights. The E-codes are a tremendous improvement over the factory lights.

You can also pair them with the OEM Euro switch so the fog lights and city lights can be run independently of the headlights, along with the option to wire up the rear fog lamp.

Are you looking for something you can run in the presence of other traffic? Those LED bars most certainly should be limited to offroad use or when there is absolutely no other traffic around.

The first picture is an actual fog light and are pretty good. The second picture is not a fog light and it you turned it on in fog or snow you wouldn't be able to see anything due to all the light reflecting back from the fog/snow. Everyone else on the road would also be blinded and would probably like to kill you.

I have the e-codes referenced above and they are very good, but not cheap.

Last edited:
Ok, I wondered about those e-codes
Didn't think the led bar would have worked
I have the euro switch already installed so i just have to buy a wiring kit and headlights.
Is there different versions of the e-codes like with projectors and without?
I like the ECS tuning ones but they are expensive as said above.
Is there cheap versions? I like quality but not cheap junk.
Was thinking of Hella E-codes but are there any others?

factory Hella ecodes are only reflector w/ or w/o fog lights or the Factory Bosch HID lights (projector).

the factory fog lights isn't that special. It does have the lens of the aftermarket Hella Micro DE, but without the width of the beam of the aftermarket.

Hella does make a lower grille kit, but, it is paired with driving lights, not fog lights (why? I don't know. the Golf version has fog lights).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back