Mixing Rotella T Triple Protection and FSFS 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I now have a bunch of Rotella T Triple Protection and Formula Shell Full Synthetic 5W-30 that I picked up on Sale last month. I am thinking of mixing the Rotella T 15W-40 with the FSFS 5W-30 at about a 50/50 mix.

My 2 questions are, is mixing this at 50/50 the optimal ratio for my LX450? I drive it mostly highway miles for work, with about 25% city/short trip driving mixed in. I tend to drive my cars pretty hard overall however.

My 2nd question is, would this mixture (I'm thinking perhaps a little more of the Rotella T than the FSFS-- maybe a 2/3 to 1/3 mix) be ok for my 240D during the winter months? I know the FSFS 5W-30 isn't a diesel oil, but mixed with the Rotella T 15W-40 would it be ok to use in a diesel engine?

I was thinking of just running the straight Rotella T 15w-40, but my concern is, that it would be too thick during the really cold moring/late evening starts with that.
Would mixing Rotella T and FSFS 5W-30 give you something akin to Rotella T5 10W-30 syn-blend "light".????

I would use the FSFS in the LX. Extend out your OCIs to really get the value from the fluid. I realize you got it on sale, but that does not mean that wasting it would somehow become acceptable simply because you paid less for it initially.

The Rotella would be OK in the 240D. It does not get so cold in your area that the vis would be a major concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back