Missed appt. window. 5% OLM left...

That's weird that they don't try an honor a quick lane though. My dealer here in a town of 16k people has a tech on that only does oil changes. You might have a couple hour wait depending on how many cars are in, but they'll get it same day.

I called my VW dealer which is in one of our larger cities in the area to schedule an appointment. I got the same thing, 3-4 weeks out. I was due for 50k mile service which is more than an oil change so I'd assume I'd need an appointment. I was told to bring it by anytime, that appoinments are only necessary for warranty work and repairs. I know each dealer can be different, but with my stupid schedule this makes a big difference.

OLM is at 5 percent. Earliest appointment at Ford for the 22 Explorer 2.3 Turbo is in late September. It's a lease, but I might wind up buying it out. So now I get to choose my own oil and filter and ask you guys about it! Changing myself. Will be buying at a local AutoZone or AdvanceAP. Whaddya think for oil and filter? Thank you so much!
It's totaled.

Oreillys is actually a decent deal right now. You can get two 5 qt jugs of Castrol Edge (about $70 or 35 each), then send in the two $15/jug store rebate claims and the $20/10 qts Castrol rebate ($50 total). Then go to Walmart and pick up a Supertech basic filter for $3.xx or Fram orange can for $4.xx. Your net cost will be about $25 and you will have 4 qts left over to start a stash, like the rest of us have.

Oreillys is actually a decent deal right now. You can get two 5 qt jugs of Castrol Edge (about $70 or 35 each), then send in the two $15/jug store rebate claims and the $20/10 qts Castrol rebate ($50 total). Then go to Walmart and pick up a Supertech basic filter for $3.xx or Fram orange can for $4.xx. Your net cost will be about $25 and you will have 4 qts left over to start a stash, like the rest of us have.
That's a lot of hoops to jump through for Edge at $25 per jug when everyday at Walmart it's $25.98 right now

It is a lot of hoops but it gets two jugs for $25.
You're driving to Walmart to get the filter already anyway, plus then you're going to also drive to O'Reilly to save $1.96. You're going to spend extra money on gas getting to and from O'Reilly versus one stop shopping at Walmart, so that puts a dent in your savings. All those hoops for maybe a dollar?

You're driving to Walmart to get the filter already anyway, plus then you're going to also drive to O'Reilly to save $1.96. You're going to spend extra money on gas getting to and from O'Reilly versus one stop shopping at Walmart, so that puts a dent in your savings. All those hoops for maybe a dollar?
That why you order online and let them ship it for free! In the mean time you can be at home and doing something else done.

2 Ford Dealers in my town, neither has one. ( and we're the retail hub for the surrounding 5 counties) nearest quicklane is 30 mi away, in an even smaller town.
Yeah, it seems like their dealers - most dealers, in fact - have gotten away from those. Where's there (2) there ? You referring to Raabe ? Wait, maybe you mean the Lincoln-Mercury one on Cable.

?
$25 total for two jugs and a filter

Where's there (2) there ? You referring to Raabe ? Wait, maybe you mean the Lincoln-Mercury one on Cable.
yes, Raabe, (actually closest to me - I'm in the country west of Elida) and Reineke ( on Greely Chapel rd east of Lima , Formerly Lima Ford, Formerly Mike Pruitt Ford, Formerly located on West St, Formerly Timmerman Ford.)
The dealer on Cable Rd, that you're referring to is a Nissan Dealership, has been for at least a decade I Believe.
Legally, the business is "Lima Lincoln-Mercury, DBA Reineke Nissan. "
(Does Business As)

the one with the Quicklane is Statewide Ford in Van Wert.

OLM is at 5 percent. Earliest appointment at Ford for the 22 Explorer 2.3 Turbo is in late September. It's a lease, but I might wind up buying it out. So now I get to choose my own oil and filter and ask you guys about it! Changing myself. Will be buying at a local AutoZone or AdvanceAP. Whaddya think for oil and filter? Thank you so much!
Get some fresh M1 in that Explorer ASAP

Formerly located on West St, Formerly Timmerman Ford
Haha ! I didn't know if you were old enough to remember that ! I knew that the one on Cable sold Nissan but wasn't sure if they did both L-M and Nissan.

Soooooooo..... I went with a Valvoline filter and valvoline full syn.

I'm sorry your moto locked up and it had to be dropped into a volcano. My condolences.

Oh wait..... it didn't!!!!!!

Valvoline is good stuff! Next time change it at 25%. That way if you go past 25% by 10% it still won't be the end of the world as you know it ;)

Back