Minor milestone...rolled 125k...again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not a big deal by American mileage standards, but I rolled 125k miles in my Tribute today, which means the digital odo clicked to 200,000km, which is still cool to see.

This is the 5th car I've done this in; others are, in order:

1986 Civic;
1991 Toyota Corolla SR-5;
1993 Mazda 323;
2002 Chevrolet Cavalier;

...and now the Tribute.

I WANTED to get the Cavalier to roll 300,000km (180k miles), but it wasn't worth it to get there. Maybe I will with the Tribute, we'll see!

My mom has 160K on her 02 Escape!!! Good old 3.0!!!

Heck I have 25,780 miles on my Compass and I haven't had it a year yet, bought it with 82 miles on the ODO.

Last edited:
On my cars, repairs become 'not worth it' to me, and I get rid of the car.

Congrats! What are your maintenance intervals like?
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I take it the body rusts out before the engine dies.

Yep, we haven't had a car yet wear out the engine or transmission, its rust that gets the body and fun things like fuel and brake lines...
The Neon is starting to rust significantly but the engine and trans seem run almost like new, with good power and firm shifts. I think it would easily get to 300,000km but I'm probably going to have to get something more solid before then.

OP: congratulations. My personal best was 160K on my '89 S-15 Jimmy. I'm hoping to get my Dakota to 100K; it's looking at almost 75K right now but it's going to be a while since I don't drive it enough.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
On my cars, repairs become 'not worth it' to me, and I get rid of the car.

That's what happened to my old Malibu. It wasn't so much the number of repairs as it was the fact that the electrical system was starting to get flaky on me. Not worth the effort and at 80K and 11 years of age, it was traded for the Sonata.

Nice.

My milestone that I remember are turning 111111.1(multiple cars) or 222222.2 miles on my Civic and Subaru. I wanted 333333.3 on that Civic but the AC broke twice in two weeks and I simply sold it within one hour of placing sign on it.

Nice milestone!

Coming up on 190K in the Subaru and hope to make it last to 300K. It's running the best it ever has so time will tell.

Always a cool milestone to see. I've seen a few cars in my possession go that far. Normally I trade in for something else by then though. My highest miles was an 86 Celebrity that had 293,000KM on it. Still ran pretty good. Was totaled from a deer collision.

Congrats!! Just past the 230,000km or 143,000 mile with Ford Freestyle with the 3.0 Duratec motor.

I realized my wife just rolled 129,000 on our 05 Legacy turbo wagon. She plans on keeping indefinitely although a starter($350), alternator($400), and throw out bearing(led to clutch $850) made it an expensive 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back