Microwave leak radiation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 74DartSport
Had a Heathkit my dad built when I was a lad. First one in the neighborhood. People were amazed at boiling a cup of water in a minute. Microwave bacon was my favorite afterschool snack.

You remember HeathKit!
happy2.gif
banana2.gif

I miss that store so bad, I made numerous kits they offered and wanted to get my hands on their amateur radio kits but I was too young at the time they were still around. Once Zenith got their hands on the company it was all over around the late 80s.

Originally Posted By: Iomez
Microwaves do not work that way!

It appears there's a generational thing going on here. Not sure how your comic applies...

You don't understand how the Amana uwave operates. The rotation of the antenna is air-powered. When air-flow is insufficient, it turns very slowly or not at all and the oven cooks unevenly. Thus the internal fan is quite important to its operation. Further, this same fan cools both the magnetron (microwave generator) and huge transformer. Both are essential to the ovens operation. Therefore the fan is essential in the Amana.

To read more, look up my post on fixing it.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

Originally Posted By: Iomez
Microwaves do not work that way!

Not sure how your comic applies...

...."leaking radiation"

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: 74DartSport
Had a Heathkit my dad built when I was a lad. First one in the neighborhood. People were amazed at boiling a cup of water in a minute. Microwave bacon was my favorite afterschool snack.

You remember HeathKit!
happy2.gif
banana2.gif

I miss that store so bad, I made numerous kits they offered and wanted to get my hands on their amateur radio kits but I was too young at the time they were still around. Once Zenith got their hands on the company it was all over around the late 80s.

Well, griefkit was a not uncommon nickname for some of them, as best I recall, but as a kid I sure looked forward to getting that catalog and looking at all the kits.

I still have a few unbuilt heathkits. An audio analyzer, a bench high voltage variable power supply, a transistor tester, and an am/fm stereo receiver that I know of for sure (meaning, I can locate the cartons). I *think* I might have a single channel O Scope kit behind a huge pile of junk in the attic.

Guess the latest child can build them someday, if he has any interest in that type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back