Michelin or Firestone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at either the Bridgestone - Dueler H/L Alenza or Michelin - X Radial LT2 in 265/70R16

Experience, thoughts, opinions on either of these tires or brands would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
No offense, but why not the LTX M/S2? Fantastic tire, one of Michelins best...

It is virtually the same tire as the LTX M/S2, except the X Radial is sold at Sams's, Costco, etc.

However, after having a set of LTX's that were Michelin's best overpriced garbage, I have to say to go with the Bridgestone. It HAS to be the better tire.

Both are good. I've had the Alenzas on a Highlander SUV. No issues.

What is the price difference?

What vehicle will you mount these on?

Type of driving?

On this forum comparing a Michelin tire to anything else is like asking "Life or Death"?

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Remember - this is BITOG. Michelin is the end-all be-all of tires.

Only because we love all things "France!"
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Remember - this is BITOG. Michelin is the end-all be-all of tires.
Yeah apparently nothing is better than a Michelin. It can do it all, it can provide excellent traction, long life, empty your wallet, ride smooth etc...

Bridgestone. I've had two sets of Dueler A/T Revos, & a set of Revo 2s, and they are very hard to beat, the one set made it to over 80K before they finally started cracking from age-still not worn to the bars!

I had the Alenzas in 225/65/17 on my RAV4 and was planning to use them year round, but they were not capable enough in the winter for me. They were fine tires the rest of the year, and that is probably fine for you in Georgia unless you are on a mountaintop. Think I got an extra season out of them compared to most of the other summer tires I had on that car.
I don't know anything about the Michelins...

My 03 4Runner came with Michelin Cross Terrain's and they were great, lasted 80K miles, quiet and wore evenly. They were discontinued so I replaced them with Michelin's replacement and those tires were terrible. One had a tread separation and another was difficult to get balanced and was also replaced. I drove the same way to the same places but the wear life predicted by the tread wear meant they would not make it to 40K miles. Then another tire had a problem and was replaced. I got fed up and replaced them with Firestone Destination LE2's. So far no problems at all. And they were way cheaper.

Had Michelin LTX MS on a 2003 Dakota, 72,000 miles on them when I sold the truck, has over 90,000 on them now, not to the wear bars yet, and mine didn't get noisy as they got time/miles on them.
On my 2014 RAM express 2wd, I dealer traded for Michelin LTX MS2's when new. Was like driving a different truck after putting on Michelin's after only 500 miles on the GY's.
They came on my 2012 Equinox, quiet and smooth with 27,000 miles so far.
I personally won't drive on anything else, just me.

No offense taken.

The Michelin - X Radial LT2 is what Costco is offering.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dkryan
Both are good. I've had the Alenzas on a Highlander SUV. No issues.

What is the price difference?

What vehicle will you mount these on?

Type of driving?

Price difference was about $12 in the Bridgestone's favor. The mileage rating was 10k in favor of the Bridgestone.

Putting them on an 03 Toyota Tacoma 4 door Prerunner. Mostly city and highway driving with a little off road throw in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
No offense, but why not the LTX M/S2? Fantastic tire, one of Michelins best...

+1

Originally Posted By: 03tacoma
No offense taken.

The Michelin - X Radial LT2 is what Costco is offering.

If they make the ltx in your side, I'm pretty confident that the Costco tech can order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back