McD Tea

@Bailes1992, bear in mind that the default in the southern U.S. is what we cold-weather sorts call iced tea; it's simply "tea" to them. They would call our tea (which I am having a cuppa even now) "hot tea".

Just regional variations which make sense given the differing climates.

Similarly, in Canada "hockey" and "field hockey".

In NZ, "hockey" and "ice hockey".

I don't let anybody put their filthy lemon wedges in my drinks. However, I do eat most of a whole organic lemon from my tree almost every day, including the pith and some of the skin. I love citrus but I don't like it my tea.

Last edited:
Tea here from McDonald's is now $1.39 but 8 miles north its is $1.99 plus tax but I get it 2x a day...in my travels...
Across the street the same tea from Wendy's is $3.72......yup...

Funny I just dialed in another McDonald's and their tea was $1.39 and now is $1.49... 😒
You are "detoxing: drinking that out of a Polyester cup (made with Ethelyne Glycol) and who knows what mold release compound. Well ok sorry, maybe blow molding isn't too bad on the liver.

Suggest making a batch at home for about cincuenta centavos por galón and drinking out of manly steel or better yet, a glass thermos.

Lookin' out for my peeps.

You are "detoxing: drinking that out of a Polyester cup (made with Ethelyne Glycol) and who knows what mold release compound. Well ok sorry, maybe blow molding isn't too bad on the liver.

Suggest making a batch at home for about cincuenta centavos por galón and drinking out of manly steel or better yet, a glass thermos.

Lookin' out for my peeps.
I haven't found a tea at home I like either cold or hot brew and if you read my tea brew news like @Pabby I use a glass pitcher and real glass :)

I steep this loose for 20min then pour through a strainer

Assam Black.jpg

assam loose leaf.jpg

I like their tea. It’s brewed and you get fresh lemons. What’s not to like? It used to be $1 but like many things it’s more now.
I used to get one a day when it was a buck. I would go inside the store and put just a splash of sweet with the unsweet. McD tea is really the best tea you can get that isn't made at home. If the unsweet was old, I'd ask for fresh and they never complained. Usually took less than 5 minutes for a fresh batch to be brought out.

Back