MC 5w30 Syn Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently,

I decided to try the MC 5w30 Synthetic Blend oil in my wife's 1998 Infinity 4x4 QX4. The price was very reasonable @ 2.32 per quart. As far as I know, all MC oils are made by Conoco Oil Company which I believe produce quality oils.

The synyhetic blend I am guessing is a small percentage of synthetic chemicals added to this type of oil?

Ruby

Are you going to do a UOA on this stuff? We all know that the 5W-20 weight is a great value...I'm hoping that the 30 wt is also good stuff...

No UOA needed, I change oil and oil filter every 3 months or 3000 miles mostly highway driving.

Originally Posted By: Ruby
Recently,

I decided to try the MC 5w30 Synthetic Blend oil in my wife's 1998 Infinity 4x4 QX4. The price was very reasonable @ 2.32 per quart. As far as I know, all MC oils are made by Conoco Oil Company which I believe produce quality oils.

The synyhetic blend I am guessing is a small percentage of synthetic chemicals added to this type of oil?

Ruby

I will be posting a UOA on MC 5w30 in about 2 months from my Speed6. Still break in oil, been in since 1274 mls. Coming out at the 2K mark.

Very good oil.
Part of the oil is very highly processed - virtually a synthetic.
As to the exact mix, who knows? 20-40% synth to dino is a good guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back